Artifacts created by graphics card on HP Pavillion dv4-1275mx laptop

The display on my 3 year old HP Pavillion dv4-1275mx laptop is experiencing artifacts (color shifts). I hope to buy a new card and replace myself, but haven't done this before, although You Tube makes it look pretty easy. \

Any recommendations before I start? I don't see the original available online (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M) so.. which readily available one would work? I don't need anything better than the original (unless one is more realiable than another.. I don't want to replace it again any time soon).
Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about artifacts created graphics card pavillion 1275mx laptop
  1. winckler said:
    The display on my 3 year old HP Pavillion dv4-1275mx laptop is experiencing artifacts (color shifts). I hope to buy a new card and replace myself, but haven't done this before, although You Tube makes it look pretty easy. \

    Any recommendations before I start? I don't see the original available online (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M) so.. which readily available one would work? I don't need anything better than the original (unless one is more realiable than another.. I don't want to replace it again any time soon).
    Thanks!

    You cant really upgrade a laptop GPU just get a desktop with a good gpu.
  2. nikita787 said:
    You cant really upgrade a laptop GPU just get a desktop with a good gpu.


    I noticed that they are not upgradable.. But, since mine is not working right (the display is messed up), I want to replace the card w a new one of the same caliber.

    Are you saying that I can't replace it w a new one?
  3. winckler said:
    I noticed that they are not upgradable.. But, since mine is not working right (the display is messed up), I want to replace the card w a new one of the same caliber.

    Are you saying that I can't replace it w a new one?

    Sorry but you cant replace it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Hewlett Packard Graphics