Sign in with
Your question

New build turns off and then back on after inserting CD or USB device

Last response: in Systems
December 23, 2012 6:11:55 AM

So this my third PC that I'm building, but I have never encountered this problem.

These are my specs:
Specs:
Intel Core i5-3570K
Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
ASUS CD/DVD RW drive

Everything was seemingly installed correctly, and when I turned the computer on, it worked well with the mouse and keyboard plugged in. I was able to load the optimized bios settings and reboot.

I then plugged in my USB Flash Drive with my operating system install. With 2 minutes, the computer turned off and then back on.

I tried the front panel USB ports as well, but had the same issue.

I then inserted a Windows 7 CD in the optical drive.

Before Windows 7 even fully loaded, the computer shut down and then restarted again.

Thinking it was the RAM, I re-configured it over and over and had the same problem.

Thinking that it was power consumption, I switched my Liquid cooler with the stock fan. The install lasted a little bit longer, but still eventually turned off.

Tried changing BIOS settings, and still had the same issue.

I have 650 watts of power which SHOULD be more than enough for this, so I'm not sure that this is happening due to a lack of power.

I know that it definitely is a hardware issue since the Windows CD and Flash Drive just worked on my laptop.

What is causing this?

Thank you
December 23, 2012 1:49:31 PM

There might be Motherboard Manufacturing fault. CPU doesn't work when they're faulty, and If the RAM Is Faulty, Computer won't startup. There's a Problem with the Motherboard. Try contacting the Service Centre
m
l
Related resources
!