Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1gb sli or 2gb single? (for video work)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 5, 2012 2:31:49 AM

I know that this question has been asked plenty of times but I haven't seen what I'm looking for

currently I have a 560ti 1gb (asus 830mhz)

I could either sli that or get

an asus 660 ti 2gb (1059mhz)

Is it worth it to sli? I believe 2 560ti's would perform better but I'm also using this computer for video work (editing, screen recording, etc.)

DOES A 2gb CARD EFFECT VIDEO WORK PERFORMANCE?
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 5, 2012 3:38:05 AM

No..

If you work with some features like CUDA rendering, it will need faster gpu raw power..
but it has nothing to do with your graphics card memory capasity..

But if not, name you just need the fastest cpu available in order to make your work faster..

a c 81 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 5, 2012 3:43:12 AM

Here's the thing... VRAM doesn't stack in SLI.
So you'll end up with 1GB VRAM usable. This could matter, but it depends on the resolution you play at.
Related resources
November 5, 2012 3:57:00 AM

I would think hardcore video editing would be equivalent to gaming at high resolutions. Since the VRAM doesn't stack, I would go with the 660.
November 5, 2012 4:47:59 PM

Well I heard that vram doesnt stack and its bad for high resolutions, im only playing at 1080p I want to know if 2gb effects recording
November 5, 2012 4:49:01 PM

Quaddro said:

But if not, name you just need the fastest cpu available in order to make your work faster..


I'm good on cpu i have a 3930k just need a better gpu for gaming and recording
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 5, 2012 6:51:23 PM

moomoomage said:
I'm good on cpu i have a 3930k just need a better gpu for gaming and recording


okay..
Let's we split the it..

1. Video editing..
you have the highest tier of cpu..
even with onboard gpu, your can do all of your video recording and editing task with no issue..

2.Gaming
While your thinking about graphics card, single fast gpu always better than 2 slow gpus..

more than one can can cause a problem,
such as stuterring , unsuffice power supply , and game discompatibility..

so i suggest you go with single 660Ti rather than sli 560Ti..
November 5, 2012 7:46:54 PM

Quaddro said:
okay..
Let's we split the it..

1. Video editing..
you have the highest tier of cpu..
even with onboard gpu, your can do all of your video recording and editing task with no issue..

2.Gaming
While your thinking about graphics card, single fast gpu always better than 2 slow gpus..

more than one can can cause a problem,
such as stuterring , unsuffice power supply , and game discompatibility..

so i suggest you go with single 660Ti rather than sli 560Ti..


alright but I mean recording while playing high graphics games (not editing)
!