GTX 660ti PCIe 2.0 or 3.0?

jrmurph3

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I have a GTX 660ti graphics card and a Gigabyte Z77-D3H MoBo that supports PCIe 3.0. After doing research, the box and websites all say the card is PCIe 3.0. Now why does the Nvidia control panel show that the card's bus speed is "PCI Express 16x Gen 2."

I'm positive I have the card in the PCIe 16x slot, drivers are updated. Any other reasons to why this is? Or does this even matter?

Solution
Which CPU do you have? PCI-E 3.0 is only available on Core i5 and i7 3xxx CPUs. Sandy Bridge CPUs, and Ivy Bridge based i3s, Pentiums and Celerons don't have PCI-E 3.0 support.

Either way, it won't make any real difference. The 660Ti is not powerful enough to fully saturate PCI-E 2.0 x16. In fact, no single GPU card in existence right now can fully saturate PCI-E 2.0 You will see no performance difference with PCI-E 3.0
Which CPU do you have? PCI-E 3.0 is only available on Core i5 and i7 3xxx CPUs. Sandy Bridge CPUs, and Ivy Bridge based i3s, Pentiums and Celerons don't have PCI-E 3.0 support.

Either way, it won't make any real difference. The 660Ti is not powerful enough to fully saturate PCI-E 2.0 x16. In fact, no single GPU card in existence right now can fully saturate PCI-E 2.0 You will see no performance difference with PCI-E 3.0

Solution