Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Important softwares for amd cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2012 3:35:00 AM

hello tom's team,are there any important softwares(optional) ,other than ccc for amd cards,that can be installed for improving game's quality(like colours,textures,eyecandy.),and performance(like framerate) ?
thanks.
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2012 5:27:40 AM

No
a c 81 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 5, 2012 5:37:44 AM

Nothing that'll improve framerates, but a lot of games have HD texture packs. Depends on the game, and keep in mind that it'll slow the game down considerably.
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 5, 2012 5:45:55 AM

spykar_911 said:
hello tom's team,are there any important softwares(optional) ,other than ccc for amd cards,that can be installed for improving game's quality(like colours,textures,eyecandy.),and performance(like framerate) ?
thanks.

Without getting really involved not really. ATI Tray Tools is something I have used in the past but you would need to have a pretty god understanding of what you are doing and indeed are trying to accomplish to get any improvement over that which you can achieve using CCC alone.
Its not push button stuff, it allows access to higher level settings which the CCC does not.

Afterburner is pretty much the go to over clocking tool as far as improving frame rates are concerned. A third party over clocking tool like this will usually result in a higher over clock than the CCC will. Not always but in my experience its usually better.

Mactronix :) 
November 5, 2012 11:14:41 AM

thanks for replying.so,ATI Tray Tools can be used for increasing quality of game!someone also told me to use iTurbo and disable 2d clock.will this effect also?

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
November 5, 2012 1:03:32 PM

iTurbo is just another over clocking application like Afterburner is. I have not used it so I do not know how good it is. Disabling the 2d clock is a bad idea if I understand what you mean.
The card has 2 basic clock settings 2d and 3d. 2d is slow with teh clocks and fans turned down as you do not need a fraction of a modern GPU's power in 2d mode, this increases the lifespan of the card a little but mainly reduces the power draw. A lot.

When a Card is asked to play a game it will jump up to its 3d clocks and give maximum performance, Nvidia make cards now that have a kind of smart boost that will increase the clocks further than the 3d clocks given certain requirements are met, temp and power draw being most of the issue.

Mactronix :) 
November 5, 2012 1:29:29 PM

thanks bro for sharing ur knowledge
!