Sign in with
Your question

How to install my hard drive

Last response: in Windows 7
February 29, 2012 5:20:16 PM

i have hard disk problem that keeps poping up on my screen..then it says HDD/SSD WILL FAIL BACK UP YOUR FILES AND CONTACT YOUR MANUFACUTURE..can i fix this on my own

More about : install hard drive

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 5:26:02 PM

It sounds like your drive is failing, you should get a replacement and clone the original to the replacement before you lose your operating system, files, and folders.
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 5:53:49 PM

dthhder said:
i have hard disk problem that keeps poping up on my screen..then it says HDD/SSD WILL FAIL BACK UP YOUR FILES AND CONTACT YOUR MANUFACUTURE..can i fix this on my own

This sounds like a malware spoof. Hard drives approaching failure don't announce their demise in advance so far as I know.
If the message is accompanied by a link, do not click on it.

Regardless, go to the manufacturer's web site, and download their diagnostic utilities, and check out the drive.

If you have any critical files, plan to back them up to an external device before you do anything.
This should be a regular activity if you have anything you care about.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 6:00:48 PM

+1 sound like malware:

what program tells you that?

Download malware bytes and scan
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 7:39:31 PM

+2 Agree. Malware!

Do you have antivirus software? I think not.

Windows Defender at least?
February 29, 2012 8:02:20 PM

Agree with Dex - download the free malwarebytes (from a different computer if necessary), run a scan and watch the infection count.

Regardless, it's always good to be prepared for a catastrophy - you could always purchase a 2nd drive and copy your data over so if you experience a drive failure, you're not screwed. I have a clone image of my base install on a separate hard drive(thanks diskcopy), I have snapshots of my drive on an external drive, all my media files and documents are backed up on an external hard drive and all my important documents and family photos are backed up with Skydrive.

Even if my house gets nuked, my tax returns and blackmail photos of siblings will live on. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's really not hard to manage and I don't panic about accidentally deleting files or a power surge.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 8:06:55 PM

Hi :) 

I SORT OF agree with the above advice...

BUT IF.....

Its a hardware problem...I would run a long (full) hard drive test in DOS with HIRENS CD...

All the best Brett
!