CraftRiot

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Hello. I want a very good answer for this. I am using a Dell Precision Workstation 360 which is only limited to AGP and PCI slots. Does anyone know a good -NVidia- Graphics Card which I can buy? Thank you.

Another question would be, does a PCI-E USB/External Slot exist?

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Somewhere in December.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, everything else.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: NVidia Quadro FX 1000. PSU would be Dell P360's default PSU.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU - Intel Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz, compatible with HT. RAM - 2 GB at 3 GHz.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Doesn't matter.

PARTS PREFERENCES: NVidia

OVERCLOCKING: Yes SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024x768, probably won't change.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: None.

bignastyid

Titan
They havent made agp cards for years and pci cards are slower than what you have know. You cant upgrade to pci-e. Sli and crossfire require pci-e and compatible chipsets. Honestly given the ancientness of the system I would waste money trying to upgrade and save that money for a new system. A current low end $300 walmart special desktop would run circles around your current system in terms if cup power.

Getting an upgraded video card for your system now would be a waste, the CPU and other components will not be able to play any newer games. Find a used dual-core PC tower with about a 250+ watt power supply, Core 2 Duo at about 2.8+ gig, then get a newer PCIe card for that. Don't know what used PC prices are, but in the US you can get a dual core system for about $100-150 if you look around.

That would be my pick. AGP and PCI are dead end tech, AGP at least, and PCI is not very good for video.

If you buy an AGP card now, you can't move it to a newer system, and you can't run a faster CPU on yours, so buying an AGP card would be wasted money.