Unsure as to what card to get but this one is in my budget -
Asus - GeForceÂ® GTX650, 1GB GDDR5, 1058 MHz, DVI*2, D-SUB, Native HDMI,
Is this a suitable card according to my requirements and current PC specs and
similar to the ATI HD 6950? Not sure if the PCie3 will fit my motherboard
and if I install it as an addon card does that replace any inbuilt graphics
or override it?
These are what I am looking for in a card:
- edit videos and graphics efficiently
- not too concerned about 3D gaming
- will be using a lot of Windows 8 apps in future
- WDDM and CUDA compatible
- updatable to next ver direct x
- to last me at least 3-5 years
- the Windows experience index of my system says overall 3.8 due to graphics
card for windows aero being listed at 3.8 but 3D and gaming is at 5.8. So a
card that gives me a higher index is preferred.
- overclocking - prefer to avoid
- card with its own fan preferred if safer for PC
Current power supply: unsure but I have 8 GB ram running on a Windows 8 CP
and it works well.
Other requirements of this card can you please confirm:
What power supply is best for it?
Will it be compatible with Windows XP and W7 as well as W8?
I run some older 98se programs on my windows XP (mostly kids educational
programs)- will changing the card mean I have to reinstall a lot of these