Radeon vs nvidia help me choose

hey guys i have i5 3570k 8gb ram ASUS® P8Z77-V

so i was thinking of gtx 660 but i was told to buy radeon.....and i dont know....i need an answer please....and in future i will sli/crossfire...dont worry all other are decide and compatible...just need a gpu.....many thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply
More about radeon nvidia choose
  1. Your resolution and budget would help. AMD tends to have the better value, especially with the newest driver
  2. my resolution 1920 x 1080 and 180-200 pounds
  3. hd 7870 or gtx 660 whichever you got cheaper will be the best:)amd are always makes price/performance gpus and cpus. nvidia makes gpus with good drivers but now amd is also not making any bad drivers:)
  4. thank you very much....very helpfull :) :) :) :)
  5. your welcome:)no need to say thanks its my pleasure that i can help u:)any questions?
  6. do you thin 3570k or a cheaper amd?????)if amd can you suggest because i dont know a thing about amd......i will be very gratefull if you could answer me
  7. look if u want only gaming then the i5 3570k will be the best i could say. if u want a multitasker,a good cpu for multithreaded apps then fx 8350 of amd will be the best btw u have i5 with z68 mobo already i think?u dont need to upgrade u have the best cpu out there be happy with it dont think too much about that:)goodluck for your gpu buy:)
  8. yeah i think i'll go with the 3570k...i have asus p8z77.....thank you very much for your help
  9. goodluck be happy:)have a nice day:)
  10. If you are gaming at 1920 x 1080 then both cards will do a good job. The main issue with the 660 is the 192 bit bus.
    This reviews explains the issue. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-11.html

Basically If you like to use a lot of AA features FXAA or MSAA etc, then you would be much better off from a flat out FPS performance point of view getting the 7870.

Please note that the FPS on the tests are not at any stage unplayable, its really only at 2560x1440 with 8 x MSAA that we start to see unplayable frame rates.

Personally I don't use that much AA and so it wouldn't bother me at all playing at 1920 x 1080 as I do.

Here is some SLI and Crossfire info http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-14.html

Hope that all helps rather than confuses.

Mactronix :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Nvidia Graphics