Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Time Gaming PC Builder

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 23, 2012 3:31:06 PM

Hey so first off thanks, I have always wanted to build a computer and am finally going for it. I got a slew of questions, let me start with those about the hardware. So I am building a Gaming PC, sorta on a budget so keep that in mind, but here is what I have pretty much picked out to buy next week barring a general approval. So I have some questions about what would be best

There is a bundle I found (b/c it just seems easier for me and I assume it means they shouldn't have problems being integrated)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...
Pretty much they include:
Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX mid tower
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel
GPU: EVGA GeFroce GTX 660 2GB
Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE Series HIve-750 750W
CPU: i5-3570K
RAM: G.SKILL Ars Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600

The bundle Totals about $716 @ Newegg
So is this bundle worth it? I'd still need to pick up a Hard Drive, Optical Drive which would be about $100
So is it worth it? I could find other towers and power supplies that would save me about $40 but should i just go with it?

Also one final question, the i5-3570K said something about the Intel HD Graphics 4000, that will work with the Motherboard right?
Thanks guys, sorry for the probably really basic question

More about : time gaming builder

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 324 4 Gaming
December 23, 2012 4:36:55 PM

almost perfect :) 

except for pricey tower case and premium PSU. they are good indeed, but expensive.

you will be fine with 50ish case and xfx 550 PSU which is now priced at $39

Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

about the Intel HD Graphics 4000, you will not gonna use it. because there is GTX 660 for graphic engine

btw that bundle is very good. there is no downside if you get it

just my 0.02 someone can correct me for a better setup
Share
December 23, 2012 5:30:33 PM

AMD Radeon said:
almost perfect :) 

except for pricey tower case and premium PSU. they are good indeed, but expensive.

you will be fine with 50ish case and xfx 550 PSU which is now priced at $39

Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

about the Intel HD Graphics 4000, you will not gonna use it. because there is GTX 660 for graphic engine

btw that bundle is very good. there is no downside if you get it

just my 0.02 someone can correct me for a better setup


I tend to agree, the bundle isn't bad but I don't think it's great either. There is no downside to it but you can buy smaller psu/case to save some cash probably. It isn't really a Steal. Let me take a look at td, they got the best bundles.

Just went through tiger direct bundles they are all *** for same reason. Deal is meh and they overprice / pick shitty psu and cases.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
December 23, 2012 5:49:49 PM

This would get you better performance...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($290.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $796.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-23 14:49 EST-0500)
m
0
l
December 23, 2012 7:03:15 PM

Praxeology said:
I tend to agree, the bundle isn't bad but I don't think it's great either. There is no downside to it but you can buy smaller psu/case to save some cash probably. It isn't really a Steal. Let me take a look at td, they got the best bundles.

Just went through tiger direct bundles they are all *** for same reason. Deal is meh and they overprice / pick shitty psu and cases.


So you are pretty much saying I should just buy the same hardware individually? Can I add things like extra cooling systems pretty easy later on? I don't plan on initially over clocking but probably will give it a try in the future when i get a little extra $
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
December 23, 2012 7:14:11 PM

And this would be even better

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.20 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($324.99 @ CompUSA)
Case: Xigmatek ASGARD PRO (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $820.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-23 16:14 EST-0500)
m
0
l
December 23, 2012 9:43:31 PM

Best answer selected by Kearon.
m
0
l
December 23, 2012 10:03:24 PM

DeusAres said:
This would get you better performance...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($290.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $796.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-23 14:49 EST-0500)


kearon said:
So you are pretty much saying I should just buy the same hardware individually? Can I add things like extra cooling systems pretty easy later on? I don't plan on initially over clocking but probably will give it a try in the future when i get a little extra $


That would be much better for performance.
m
0
l
!