Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

GTX 680

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 5, 2012 12:48:41 PM

guys im new here i wanted too ask you witch gtx 680 2gb should i buy
asus evga gigabyte msi etc
and i prefer more manufactur overclocked cuz im a noob i dont know anything about overclocking
and is it better to have a gigabyte motherboard and a gigabyte gtx 680 (SAME MANUFACTURER MOTHERBOARD AND G-CARD) or it doesnt matter
sorry for my english

More about : gtx 680

Best solution

November 5, 2012 5:03:36 PM

You wont ever notice a performance gain keeping it the same manufacture. least I haven't, but as brands go EVGA has lasted me the longest. PNY, MSI are my second choice and current PNY is not showing its age ether(no fan sounds, lag, n frag. Gigabyte and Asus are two I have never used in the graphics area, although Asus motherboards have been really good to me. Id just go with EVGA because in two years you can go to Ebay and find plenty to make a SLI set up. (EVGA being the most purchased card)
Share
November 5, 2012 5:17:47 PM

Get one that has the cooler you want. Otherwise all the brands u named are good.
Score
0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 6, 2012 12:46:27 AM

Best answer selected by ultrakill.
Score
0
November 6, 2012 12:48:14 AM

cgner said:
Get one that has the cooler you want. Otherwise all the brands u named are good.


i just know that non-reference cards have better cooling solution
Score
0
November 6, 2012 3:14:17 AM

Hey thanks for the BA selection, this is my first one :) 
Score
0
November 6, 2012 5:20:24 AM

ultrakill said:
i just know that non-reference cards have better cooling solution



Yes, but reference cooler pulls hot air out of the case which is better for small cases and not very well ventilated machines (pre built, mass stamped ones). 2-3 fan coolers mostly rotate the air around themselves and heat up the air inside the case, which is totally fine if u got 3+ fans on the case.
Score
0
November 6, 2012 6:21:36 AM

HAFSIX said:
Hey thanks for the BA selection, this is my first one :) 


you deserve it bro
Score
0
November 6, 2012 6:26:25 AM

cgner said:
Yes, but reference cooler pulls hot air out of the case which is better for small cases and not very well ventilated machines (pre built, mass stamped ones). 2-3 fan coolers mostly rotate the air around themselves and heat up the air inside the case, which is totally fine if u got 3+ fans on the case.


my pc case has two or 3 little coolers + a big cooler (extra buy) and the cpu cooler corsair somewhat
i just need the g-card cuz right now i have just the intel hd 4000 integrated from the i7 3770k

but really thnx from you you really helped :??: 
Score
0
November 6, 2012 3:18:50 PM

u r welcome. I got MSI card with twinfrozr and my machine has 3 120mm fans pulling air in, PSU, 140mm, and 120mm fans pulling it out. Works great :D  The card does not go over 50 degrees and its factory overclocked.
Score
0
!