Hey there!

I've just bougth this build:

MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK B75 Pro3
VGA: GAINWARD 2760-BLISS GTX660 Golden Sample 2GB GDDR5 PCIE
HDD: HITACHI 500GB 7K1000.C 7200rpm 16MB SATA2 HDS721050CLA362
RAM: KINGSTON 16384MB HyperX Blu DDR3 1600Mhz CL10 KIT KHX16C10B1K2/16X
CASE: SHARKOON Vaya Value Fekete
POWER SUPPLY: THERMALTAKE TR2 RX W0146RE 450W
CPU: Intel s1155 Core i5 3450 3,10GHz/6MB Dobozos (BX80637I53450)

I built it together , I just turned on for a min make sure it's working, than I had to go, it was ok. Today I put an ODD into it, and it just does not turn on. If I connect it to the wall the case flashes for a sec, but when I push the turn on button nothing happens. I disconnected all the parts, just the motherboard the case and the power supply connected, but still nothing happens. So do you think the parts are incompatible? Or what could be the problem?

thanks a lot

More about : config compatible

December 23, 2012 9:55:22 PM

where did u get that rig did not they tell you the build is not compatible or it's ? The parts are unusual to me.
Anonymous
December 23, 2012 11:39:47 PM

your parts are fine but one; more on that later.
try going through this check list:
PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

the part i question is the thermaltake TR2 RX PSU, not exactly the most stellar of PSUs.
Eggxpert Tiered Power Supply List
Quote:
Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.
Thermaltake TR2 (and TR2-RX)

you can check you see if the PSU is functioning:
Related resources
December 24, 2012 3:00:23 AM

You should probably have posted that before you bought it, but it will play games fine.
December 24, 2012 7:44:02 AM

Deemo13 said:
You should probably have posted that before you bought it, but it will play games fine.

yep I really should :D , but I did asked other people on an other forum of my country, but they couldn't help me with the non functioning PC btw :p . So I asked here as well
December 24, 2012 7:46:11 AM

Anonymous said:
your parts are fine but one; more on that later.
try going through this check list:
PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

the part i question is the thermaltake TR2 RX PSU, not exactly the most stellar of PSUs.
Eggxpert Tiered Power Supply List
Quote:
Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.
Thermaltake TR2 (and TR2-RX)

you can check you see if the PSU is functioning:

I will go trought this thing thanks a lot, I will report with the results.

thermaltake T2 is not OK? damn, in the forum I asked for help with the components they said it's a fine powersuppply based on tests :S. anyways the brand is OK isn't it?
December 24, 2012 8:32:19 AM

there was a memory module not properly in it's place, now it turns on, I have a question tough:
what is the big red circle means with a stroke in it in this pic? http://i44.tinypic.com/jtkves.jpg
I mean, why sould I not connect it? I think I should, and without it the pc doesn't work
Anonymous
December 24, 2012 1:20:39 PM

fecoooo said:
there was a memory module not properly in it's place, now it turns on, I have a question tough:
what is the big red circle means with a stroke in it in this pic? http://i44.tinypic.com/jtkves.jpg
I mean, why sould I not connect it? I think I should, and without it the pc doesn't work

looks like the pic is just showing where the CPU power connection is, the green arrow, and not from the 24 pin that you also do need plugged in to power the rest of the components; RAM, chipset, PCI slots, ect.

(edit: glad you got it sorted with the RAM slot, though it still might be a good idea to replace that PSU when you can, no sense in relying on a possible flonky PSU)
December 24, 2012 1:57:52 PM

Anonymous said:
looks like the pic is just showing where the CPU power connection is, the green arrow, and not from the 24 pin that you also do need plugged in to power the rest of the components; RAM, chipset, PCI slots, ect.

(edit: glad you got it sorted with the RAM slot, though it still might be a good idea to replace that PSU when you can, no sense in relying on a possible flonky PSU)

okay, i will look after it. thanks a lot for your and for the others help, merry c
!