Computer will not start up.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
So I built a new computer, and then a month later, my parents bought me a gaming keyboard and mouse. So about 6 hours ago, my computer just froze. I tried to start it up, but it wouldn't start up all the way. The computer itself turned on, but the display showed nothing, and the computer did not make a beep. I then unplugged the keyboard, and the computer worked. Then about 30 mins ago, I noticed my game started to lag. So I then turned it off, but it got stuck on "Shutting down". So I then held down the power button so it would shut off, and now the same thing comes up. This time, unplugging the keyboard was not the solution.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX550Ti
CPU - Intel Core i5 2500K (LGA 1155)
I don't have information yet on the motherboard. It is an ATX sized.
RAM - 8GB DDR3
850 Watt ADX Power supply
USB Plug ins:
Medialink USB Wi-Fi Adapter
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse

Any solution?

orthokid

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
What frequency is the RAM and What generation is the i5 processor, because your motherboard may not support it if it is older.

EDIT* Sorry, I didnt read the whole paragraph, but where did your parents get the keyboard? It's driver software may have a virus of some kind or is not compatable.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

The computer has been working perfectly for the past month. I don't know why it would just randomly not be supported.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

The keyboard came about 2 weeks ago, and the mouse came 1 day after the keyboard. I first installed the keyboard's gaming drivers from their website, and the mouse I used a disk. They have been working perfectly until today.

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

The only thing I'm curious about is I do not know how many watts the keyboard/mouse needs. Because my Graphics Card alone requires 400 Watts.

orthokid

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Woah, thats alot of power. You may want to actually upgrade your power supply, but I have no experience with those kinds of gaming keyboards and mouse so I am in no position to say anything

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

That is one of my suggestions. I expected 850 Watts to be plenty, but it may not be.

EDIT: Nevermind about the keyboard and watt thing. I wasn't too familiar with the watts, so I didn't know they the keyboard doesn't require any...

Jogita

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Well I discovered any keyboard would take up the same power in the USB hub, so I do not think it could be the new keyboard/mouse doing it.

EDIT: I opened up the computer, to discover that my dad had put in a Sound card that wasn't even being used. I took it out, and noticed that it was slightly warm. I turned on the computer and now it works, although, it gave me a "Corrupted BIOS" error similar to one that came up before. It repaired it however. I shall report within a week if there is any more problems.

REPORT: The computer still works. Haven't had a problem, so I will have to award orthokid the best answer.