I purchased a new laptop a few weeks ago, everything was fine until I started having BSOD's. Long story short, I'm getting new ram, but still have BSOD's. After doing a sfc /scannow, I found a problem, did a google search and tried to fix it myself based on the error reported.
1. I can ping an external IP address, but it cannot resolve the name correctly
2. This is only happening with my wireless connection
3. I've rebooted, done an ipconfig /renewdns and all that good stuff
4. Reinstalled the wireless drivers.
5. No problems with my ethernet
6. Rebooted both my router and modem
The laptop manufacturer recommended that I reinstall my OS after I called them saying my stick of memory isn't bad, but I really don't want to do that. This problem may or may not be different, but I've taken too much time figuring this out.
For the record, the sfc /scannow's problem was basically what was described in the link above.
I'll be more than happy to ship $10 paypal for anyone who can solve both of these problems, if it doesn't violate this site's TOS, or I'll send it to Haiti and post confirmation on here that I did so.