Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
These are my system specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.2ghz
12GB of RAM
GTX 550ti 2gb
Corsair 700w psu
Windows 7 ultimate

My initial intention was to upgrade the video card to an MSI gtx 660ti for around 300 bucks. But now im not sure if thats a good idea just because im afriad of my cpu bottlenecking. So my question is: Should i go for the video card or try to spend around 300 bucks on a intel processor and mobo instead?

Thank you

Solution
G

You've currently already got a reasonable GPU. You will notice quite a reasonable improvement with a GTX 660, let alone the 660 Ti if you want to save a some cash. Your system meanwhile will not bottlekneck as I see it. If you feel you need the latest processor you will not regret it, but in gaming...
G

You've currently already got a reasonable GPU. You will notice quite a reasonable improvement with a GTX 660, let alone the 660 Ti if you want to save a some cash. Your system meanwhile will not bottlekneck as I see it. If you feel you need the latest processor you will not regret it, but in gaming performance with your budget I don't know if it would be much of an improvement and you'd probably get quite a few more FPS with a new GPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.