What video card is best for me?

klagera

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
I have build my first gaming rig but every time I settle with a GPU some other shows up and makes me re consider ..
from these GPUs what's the best for me?
I want to MAX out all games at a playable FPS , I game at 1080 , some people told me that the Gigabyte 7870 Ghz is more than enough, others said I should go with the gtx 660 ti, when I looked up the 660 ti available at my local store I found out that the zotac gtx 670 is only 20$ more, the zotac sounds like a good deal but it uses a reference cooling, that made me rethink about it, also the sapphire vapor x 7950 oc with boost is around that price point.. I seriously dont know what to get :heink: .. here's the rest of my build:

Intel Core i5 3570k

Asrock z77 extreme4

Corsair Vengeance 8gb (4x2) 1866mhz

XFX xxx 750w 80 BRONZE

WD 1TB blak

CM Haf 912

CM hyper evo cpu cooler

I'm buying from a local store so no free games or bundles (tho the zotac 670 is included in a combo with an LG 23" 1080 3D monitor)

My aim is to be able to max out all games on 1080

so what card is just enough?

msi, gigabyte, asus, zotac AMP 660 ti

Zotac gtx 670

Gigabyte 7870 Ghz

sapphire vapor-x 7950

??

Zotac 670 gtx is the best card from those four options(it will give the best fps @1080p overall, and the brand is a decent one and the blower style is also good for SLI, if you're planning to get a another card in the future), also if it comes with a combo grab it.

klagera

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

does not it has heating issues ?

Heating issues? it has a good cooling system, i prefer the blower style, it helps if you don't have a good case with airflow, and it's especially good for sli when the cards are like too close one of another.
Get the zotac 670 gtx, you won't regret it.

klagera

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

would not it be better if i buy the 7950 and oc it ?

klagera

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

But everyone with this specific Zotac card says that it's temperature is always high without overclocks (75c-90c)
so If I overclock it I think I will burn the chip lol

You can set it so there's a warning if temp gets too high, like an alarm. You've got a kind of built-in safety measure anyway though - your computer will crash well before you reach temperatures that will physically burn out your chip :)

There's no point in overclocking with a GTX670 anyway, it's already so powerful. Unless you're doing triple screens or 3D glasses, there's nothing that would require it to be overclocked. In a few years when it's struggling with more demanding games in the future, then is the time to overclock.