  • Mobile
  • Firmware
Last response: in Brands
February 3, 2005 8:13:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently bought
a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
service point within the last month or so.

TIA,

Chris

More about : 6230 firmware

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:28:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:13:57 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
>for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently bought
>a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
>service point within the last month or so.
>
>TIA,
>
>Chris

I put V5.24 on a 6230 a couple of weeks ago so it is out there but
dunno if it's officially in the UK yet.

__
Mike.P®
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:53:05 PM

Mike.P® wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:13:57 +0000, eggster2k
> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>

>>I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
>>for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently bought
>>a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
>>service point within the last month or so.
>>

> I put V5.24 on a 6230 a couple of weeks ago so it is out there but
> dunno if it's officially in the UK yet.

All the reports I've seen from people with 5.24 flashed into 6230s is
that the version that was about a few weeks back is buggy and may indeed
be a beta version that has escaped into the wild.

After a quick look (you know where Mike) I see that there is now a
released version of 5.24 that is dated 28 Jan 2005. That's only 6 days
ago so it may not be available in Nokia service centres yet.

As yet I have seen no reports about this latest version.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
February 3, 2005 9:08:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:28:32 +0000, Mike.P® <cdrw@nospam.hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:13:57 +0000, eggster2k
><eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>
>>I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
>>for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently bought
>>a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
>>service point within the last month or so.
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>Chris
>
>I put V5.24 on a 6230 a couple of weeks ago so it is out there but
>dunno if it's officially in the UK yet.
>

>__
>Mike.P®

thanks for the info mike.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:09:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

>All the reports I've seen from people with 5.24 flashed into 6230s is
>that the version that was about a few weeks back is buggy and may indeed
>be a beta version that has escaped into the wild.
>
>After a quick look (you know where Mike) I see that there is now a
>released version of 5.24 that is dated 28 Jan 2005. That's only 6 days
>ago so it may not be available in Nokia service centres yet.
>
>As yet I have seen no reports about this latest version.

thanks Brian.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:44:18 AM

"Brian Morrison" <scrapspam@fenrir.org.uk> wrote in message

> After a quick look (you know where Mike) I see that there is now a
> released version of 5.24 that is dated 28 Jan 2005. That's only 6 days ago
> so it may not be available in Nokia service centres yet.

Mmm, my V5.24 is dated 25-11-04

I live in the Netherlands

Connos
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:12:35 PM

Conno van Wijk wrote:
> "Brian Morrison" <scrapspam@fenrir.org.uk> wrote in message
>

>>After a quick look (you know where Mike) I see that there is now a
>>released version of 5.24 that is dated 28 Jan 2005. That's only 6 days ago
>>so it may not be available in Nokia service centres yet.
>

> Mmm, my V5.24 is dated 25-11-04
>
> I live in the Netherlands

Don't know what the firmware I've seen will show when in a phone, but
the actual file dates from the files the package installer put there are
showing as 24/01/2005 here.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:04:57 PM

Can anyone tell me how i find out which firmware i've got?

Thanks,

Andy

--
andyhodge
February 8, 2005 6:19:12 PM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:04:57 GMT, andyhodge
<andyhodge.1k54aa@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how i find out which firmware i've got?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andy

type *#0000# (star hash zero zero zero zero hash, no spaces) when the
phone is in standby/homescreen
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 11:52:43 PM

Brian Morrison Wrote:
> Mike.P® wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:13:57 +0000, eggster2k
> > <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
> >>for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently
> bought
> >>a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
> >>service point within the last month or so.
> >>

> > I put V5.24 on a 6230 a couple of weeks ago so it is out there but
> > dunno if it's officially in the UK yet.
>
> All the reports I've seen from people with 5.24 flashed into 6230s is
> that the version that was about a few weeks back is buggy and may
> indeed
> be a beta version that has escaped into the wild.
>
> After a quick look (you know where Mike) I see that there is now a
> released version of 5.24 that is dated 28 Jan 2005. That's only 6 days
> ago so it may not be available in Nokia service centres yet.
>
> As yet I have seen no reports about this latest version.
>
> --
>
> Brian Morrison
>
> please observe reply-to address

this you know where bit... mike? brian? would either of you mind
emailing me where? themacace(nospam)at mac dot com
heh remove the nospam bit :)

--
themacace
themacace's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi Peop's

>>>I've read on a few forums that firmware V5.24 is available in the UK
>>>for the 6230. Can anyone confirm this who have either recently bought
>>>a brand new 6230 or have had the firmware updated at a Club Nokia
>>>service point within the last month or so.

My phone came with 5.24 on it from new about 3 weeks ago.

--

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.·°·. Steve .·°·.»

Steve Sweet wrote:
> My phone came with 5.24 on it from new about 3 weeks ago.

I have 5.24 dated 25/11/2004
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:09:24 PM

themacace wrote:

> this you know where bit... mike? brian? would either of you mind
> emailing me where? themacace(nospam)at mac dot com
> heh remove the nospam bit :)

Sorry old chap, unable to do so as it requires a valid login to access it.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:03:06 PM

do the firmwares have netmonitor on them? also, what kinda box would i
need to use these firmwares with my phone. im looking into getting
everything i'd need to flash whenever. netmonitor = an essential, as
well as pronto updates with the latest fw's
cost is preferred to be kept low :-)

--
themacace
February 15, 2005 12:44:49 PM

"themacace" <themacace.1kgxqz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> do the firmwares have netmonitor on them?

Nope beacuse no Nokia Service Centre has access to flash files that contain
Netmonitor for DCT4 or later handsets.

> also, what kinda box would i
> need to use these firmwares with my phone. im looking into getting
> everything i'd need to flash whenever.

If it's just Nokias you want to flash the best choice would probably be JAF
(about £100 GBP) but if you need a bit more flexibility Twister (about £150
GBP) would be a better bet. With either of them you'll get access to a
support FTP to download updates & flash files (have a look at the
GSM-Solutions link in my sig if you need more information on JAF or
Twister).

> netmonitor = an essential,

Not going to happen I'm afraid.

> as
> well as pronto updates with the latest fw's

Pretty much the same for any flashing solution - they all give you support
FTP access.

> cost is preferred to be kept low :-)

Isn't it always? ;-)

Just be careful if you do buy a flashing solution that you buy it from an
authorised reseller.

--
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<