Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Have to go with a pre-built gaming pc :/

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 24, 2012 4:11:56 AM

I put together the perfect rig for gaming the other day, and informed my mom that I'd be ordering the parts online and she said she can't get it for me online because her credit or w/e.. so now I have to buy a prebuilt from a store and NONE of them come with a HALF DECENT gpu.. The ones that come with decent gpus are only available online. I've found a few computers with Radeon HD 7570 a GT630. Would either of these cards be able to run Runescape in max settings with Anti Aliasing x4 and bloom enabled? And also run CoD4 on atleast low settings?

More about : pre built gaming

Related resources
a c 436 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 4:24:42 AM

whats your budget?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 4:31:51 AM

I am not sure what her exact situation is, but she can put cash on a pre-pay card at Walmart or the mall and you can use it online. Just a thought
m
0
l
December 24, 2012 4:34:00 AM

tiny voices said:
whats your budget?

$1000 (canadian)
m
0
l
December 24, 2012 4:34:37 AM

unksol said:
I am not sure what her exact situation is, but she can put cash on a pre-pay card at Walmart or the mall and you can use it online. Just a thought

I've thought about that, but the activation fees are dreadful.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 6:20:08 AM

austenw23 said:
I've thought about that, but the activation fees are dreadful.


Ah. That unfortunate. Only $2 or $3 in the US. If she is worried about security most credit cards have virtual account numbers that can only be used once. Other than that maybe find a local PC shop that might be willing to order for you for a few bucks. If they are small probably have newegg business accounts or something.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 6:35:03 AM

unksol said:
Ah. That unfortunate. Only $2 or $3 in the US. If she is worried about security most credit cards have virtual account numbers that can only be used once. Other than that maybe find a local PC shop that might be willing to order for you for a few bucks. If they are small probably have newegg business accounts or something.


That bit about the virtual account numbers is a new one to me... I'm going to have to look into that on my own account.

The actual reason I wrote this is to let you know that's likely going to be your best option - a computer store will be able to order parts for you.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 7:39:25 AM

DarkSable said:
That bit about the virtual account numbers is a new one to me... I'm going to have to look into that on my own account.

The actual reason I wrote this is to let you know that's likely going to be your best option - a computer store will be able to order parts for you.


Its usually an option somewhere on the credit card site while logged into your account, generates a one time use "card" number linked to your account. A few have an actual program you can install.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 8:06:58 AM

If you HAVE to go prebuilt bestbuy and the like used to let you customize in the store and they would order and ship to you or the store. Basically like ordering a prebuilt online but through them. Think Dell/HP/etc. Id think major Canadian stores would do the same
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2012 4:23:42 PM

unksol said:
If you HAVE to go prebuilt bestbuy and the like used to let you customize in the store and they would order and ship to you or the store. Basically like ordering a prebuilt online but through them. Think Dell/HP/etc. Id think major Canadian stores would do the same


Don't believe they let you do that any more - it took too much money to hire someone who could change parts, rather than just doing everything on a factory-line model.
m
0
l
!