Is it my monitor or my GPUs?

shreds97

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Once again, having another issue.

When I play games like BF3 and Skyrim, I get insane lag. I'm using crossfired Radeon HD 7950s and my monitor is a LG Flatron IPS235.

With BF3, the NPCs just stutter and I see lines in the screen occasionally. With Skyrim the lag gets to the point where the game is unplayable.

Is it my monitor or my GPUs? The monitor itself was around $300. I think its more than likely the video cards but I want some expert opinions on this. If it happens to be my video cards I was thinking about buying a Nvidia GTX 660 ti to replace my crossfired cards. Could it be just the crossfire configuration or are the cards just going bad on me? Should I try using a single card instead of a crossfire configuration? Is it my monitor? If so, what monitor/GPU do you recommend?

thanks a bunch.

shreds97

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Because for a pair of "high end" video cards these perform horribly. The lag in my games is getting even worse. At this rate, I think anything is better than these.

It's 3 am where I live so I can't really take apart the computer right now. I will try a single card as soon as I am able to get down and take the computer apart and will post results.

shreds97

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Just tried disabling CrossfireX.

It got even worse. Battlefield 3 would randomly quit, then my computer would freeze up, and then catastrophe. My lag was fixed with Skyrim, however.

Had to enable it again, hasn't happened since.

Should I try taking the second card out altogether or would that do any good at all?