USB 2 HUB not recognized as hi-speed

I have a notebook Dell Inspiron 5150 with Windows XP Home SP2

I recently purchased a Belkin Hi Speed USB 2.0 - 4 Port HUB (F5U234) but
cannot make it work at hi-speed after plugging it into one of my USB ports.
It work only as USB 1.

Any suggestions?

gilgil

Hello,

Under My Computer, Device Hardware, select USB hubs, and click UPDATE
DRIVER; automatic find and you should be good to go. WinXP did not
automatically support USB2.0, only 1.1; WinXPsp1 did, but only switched to
USB2.0 if you manually told the machine to upgrade the drivers.
If that is not the problem; see if Belkin has a patch/update/driver.

Andor

"gilgil" <gilgil259@netscape.net> wrote in message
>I have a notebook Dell Inspiron 5150 with Windows XP Home SP2
>
> I recently purchased a Belkin Hi Speed USB 2.0 - 4 Port HUB (F5U234) but
> cannot make it work at hi-speed after plugging it into one of my USB
> ports. It work only as USB 1.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> gilgil

Thanks Andor,

I tried your suggestion but the driver is already updated: 5.1.2600!
--
gilgil

>>ANTISPAM: replace 259 with 159<<

> Under My Computer, Device Hardware, select USB hubs, and click UPDATE
> DRIVER; automatic find and you should be good to go. WinXP did not
> automatically support USB2.0, only 1.1; WinXPsp1 did, but only switched
> to USB2.0 if you manually told the machine to upgrade the drivers.
> If that is not the problem; see if Belkin has a patch/update/driver.

Ok, here's two other possibilities (1) Not all USB ports can support an
external HUB, so try one closetest to the "back" of the machine; given that
this is a laptop, you might be very limited to choices. (2) Try to find USB
specific drivers by the manufacturer of the board, not microsoft.