USB 2 HUB not recognized as hi-speed

I have a notebook Dell Inspiron 5150 with Windows XP Home SP2

I recently purchased a Belkin Hi Speed USB 2.0 - 4 Port HUB (F5U234) but
cannot make it work at hi-speed after plugging it into one of my USB ports.
It work only as USB 1.

Any suggestions?

gilgil
3 answers Last reply
More about recognized speed

    Hello,

    Under My Computer, Device Hardware, select USB hubs, and click UPDATE
    DRIVER; automatic find and you should be good to go. WinXP did not
    automatically support USB2.0, only 1.1; WinXPsp1 did, but only switched to
    USB2.0 if you manually told the machine to upgrade the drivers.
    If that is not the problem; see if Belkin has a patch/update/driver.

    Andor

    "gilgil" <gilgil259@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >I have a notebook Dell Inspiron 5150 with Windows XP Home SP2
    >
    > I recently purchased a Belkin Hi Speed USB 2.0 - 4 Port HUB (F5U234) but
    > cannot make it work at hi-speed after plugging it into one of my USB
    > ports. It work only as USB 1.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > gilgil

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Thanks Andor,

    I tried your suggestion but the driver is already updated: 5.1.2600!
    --
    gilgil

    >>ANTISPAM: replace 259 with 159<<

    > Under My Computer, Device Hardware, select USB hubs, and click UPDATE
    > DRIVER; automatic find and you should be good to go. WinXP did not
    > automatically support USB2.0, only 1.1; WinXPsp1 did, but only switched
    > to USB2.0 if you manually told the machine to upgrade the drivers.
    > If that is not the problem; see if Belkin has a patch/update/driver.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Ok, here's two other possibilities (1) Not all USB ports can support an
    external HUB, so try one closetest to the "back" of the machine; given that
    this is a laptop, you might be very limited to choices. (2) Try to find USB
    specific drivers by the manufacturer of the board, not microsoft.

    > Thanks Andor,
    >
    > I tried your suggestion but the driver is already updated: 5.1.2600!
    > --
    > gilgil
    >
    > >>ANTISPAM: replace 259 with 159<<
    >

    >> Under My Computer, Device Hardware, select USB hubs, and click UPDATE
    >> DRIVER; automatic find and you should be good to go. WinXP did not
    >> automatically support USB2.0, only 1.1; WinXPsp1 did, but only switched
    >> to USB2.0 if you manually told the machine to upgrade the drivers.
    >> If that is not the problem; see if Belkin has a patch/update/driver.

Drivers Dell Inspiron Microsoft Device Driver USB Windows XP