Sata 378 motherboard driver failure acceptance for western..

Hello,

I'm hoping Microsoft has the answer for this question. I
own a Alienware computer that has a Asus SK8N
Motherboard. My bios only has Ide or Raid for choices in
my configuration. My hard drive will not accept the 378
sata drivers from the SK8N motherboard CD under a IDE
setup. It will accept the 378 raid drivers under a raid
configuration. I have only one hard drive(Western
Digital serial ata). I want it under sata instead of
raid. Sata is way better for gaming than raid. The
reason I'm asking is because nobody seems to have an
answer and since is happens during boot up with my
windows XP Professional I thought I might as well ask
microsoft if they have any info on this. Thank you.

Michael Ramos

You should be able to find the SATA drivers at the Asus website. You'll
have to put them on a floppy disk and when Startup asks for their location,
point it at the floppy disk.
www.coribright.com

"Michael Ramos" <cali09034@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping Microsoft has the answer for this question. I
> own a Alienware computer that has a Asus SK8N
> Motherboard. My bios only has Ide or Raid for choices in
> my configuration. My hard drive will not accept the 378
> sata drivers from the SK8N motherboard CD under a IDE
> setup. It will accept the 378 raid drivers under a raid
> configuration. I have only one hard drive(Western
> Digital serial ata). I want it under sata instead of
> raid. Sata is way better for gaming than raid. The
> reason I'm asking is because nobody seems to have an
> answer and since is happens during boot up with my
> windows XP Professional I thought I might as well ask
> microsoft if they have any info on this. Thank you.
>
> Michael Ramos

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You are not talking to Microsoft here. You are talking to other users -
around the world. This is a user-to-user newsgroup - hosted by Microsoft.

Do not expect an answer any time soon; unless someone, somewhere has had a
similar problem.

Also, did you check to see if Asus had user forums to see if they had posted
similar problems?