Your question

My new pc build wont start

Tags:
  • Build
  • Power
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 25, 2012 9:53:45 AM

My pc wwont start. I dont have a case right now because the idiot on amazon hasnt shipped it.

So i put all the power in and everything installed, but when i short circuit the connection to the power button, nothing happens. No fans start spinning the ppowwer supply fan doesnt spin. Starting to depress me now. I have been trying for about 2 hours now. I have tried 2 different power sockets.

Any help would be great thanks

More about : build wont start

December 25, 2012 10:24:42 AM

lol, you need case to power on your pc easily...

make sure you dont short circuit wrong pin on mobo. please double check which pin is your power pin from manual, it could be confusing to read
December 25, 2012 10:26:10 AM

since your motherboard doesnt have a power button. i have to guess u cheaped out on the motherboard. so read your motherboard manual and find the correct pins, grab a paper clip or keys and try to jumper it.
December 25, 2012 11:38:45 AM

And make sure the power switch of the psu is on!
December 25, 2012 11:45:28 AM

shirokado said:
since your motherboard doesnt have a power button. i have to guess u cheaped out on the motherboard. so read your motherboard manual and find the correct pins, grab a paper clip or keys and try to jumper it.

It is a gigabyte h61m ds2v

Good motherboard.

I found i was connecting the floppy power supply to a 4 pin connector on the board and its now working fine thanks
!