Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need good GPU max $200

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 6, 2012 11:58:52 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: by end of year

BUDGET RANGE: USD $200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, Borderlands 2, hawken, mechwarrior online

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: mobo integrated radeon hd 4250, CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor,
ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard , 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance DDR3

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: needs a DVI port
OVERCLOCKING: probably not

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: physX would be nice (want to run borderlands 2 on full) but idk if i can still do that with an ATI card

More about : good gpu max 200

November 7, 2012 1:39:15 AM

Thank you very much for the quick response, i was a little worried after i posted this because i realized that the 600 series has issues running Total Annihilation which is an absolute need for me.

how would i run physx on my cpu?

Also, what differences are there between the different brand name versions of the 7850?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 7, 2012 1:50:25 AM

stchurdak said:
Thank you very much for the quick response, i was a little worried after i posted this because i realized that the 600 series has issues running Total Annihilation which is an absolute need for me.

how would i run physx on my cpu?


Physx is made by Nvidia for Nvidia cards. Just because some people are having trouble with the 600 series gpu's doesn't mean all are.

I have a Gtx 670 and it's flawless :) 
m
0
l
a c 186 U Graphics card
November 7, 2012 1:53:52 AM

What issues? There is not any i am aware of anyway.
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 12:02:44 PM

GPUexplosion said:
because with tweaks you can run physx on your CPU


how?
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 12:23:20 PM

a slightly cheaper alternative to the 7850 would be the GTX 650 2GB edition.
this card also has physX which is a bonus, however im not sure if this card can be found on newegg.

different brand names and editions of 7850 work much like any other card, they have subtle differences in core clock and memory speeds and on more expensive cards the cooling is usually better
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 1:27:52 PM

Will PhysX work without an Nvidia GPU like the first response said?, because i have been wanting an ATI but am unsure if its worth skipping out on PhysX
m
0
l
a c 186 U Graphics card
November 7, 2012 1:33:19 PM

stchurdak said:
Will PhysX work without an Nvidia GPU like the first response said?, because i have been wanting an ATI but am unsure if its worth skipping out on PhysX
No not legally it won't i have heard there are some ways by using hacks.I would still get the 7850 but it's up to you.
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 1:44:32 PM

For $200 the best card is definitely a 7850. Go for the saphire oc version because it is...well... Overclocked and it has a $15 rebate. He omly other card in that price range is a gtx 560, which doesnt perform as well. The gtx 660 performs a little better but not a huge difference. Also, the 660 is $220, a little over budget. But if you want physx in borderlands 2, get the 560 but the 7850 overall is better.
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 2:02:03 PM

ok, looks like i will be going with the 7850, considering at my current low settings physx on high does not even phase my cpu in borderlands 2 (no i dont have any gpu in my machine other than integrated)
thanks! :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 7, 2012 2:10:52 PM

yeah physX is never does anything for me, even with 2 560tis it still causes some slowdowns, even in batman AC i turn it off, just not worth it imo
m
0
l
Anonymous
November 7, 2012 5:14:04 PM

stchurdak said:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: by end of year

BUDGET RANGE: USD $200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, Borderlands 2, hawken, mechwarrior online

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: mobo integrated radeon hd 4250, CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor,
ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard , 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance DDR3

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: needs a DVI port
OVERCLOCKING: probably not

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: physX would be nice (want to run borderlands 2 on full) but idk if i can still do that with an ATI card



I'm not sure if this is allowed in the forums, but in hopes that I'm not breaking the rules: I have a GTX 570 (MSI twin frozr 3 OC edition) that I'm willing to sell for $200 as long as I'm shipping it within the US. Please contact me if you're interested. stray_wulf@hotmail.com
m
0
l
!