Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Home Networking

Last response: in Networking
December 13, 2011 6:00:40 PM

OK I have a home network, with the main computer wired and a few other laptops, but lately it seems like getting dropped a lot especially when I am on my on line game World of Warcraft, what is a good wireless router for a home network that is around $50 dollars or so let me know?

Dale

More about : home networking

Best solution

December 13, 2011 6:06:31 PM

I would try connecting the machine you are gaming on directly to the cable/dsl modem to verify it is definitely your router that is having issues to start out. If the drops are frequent enough it sounds like you wouldn't have to play for to long to see if it was going to drop out or not.

If your connection was stable connected directly to your modem, and you did need to get a new router I've always liked the wrt54gl which will run custom firmware. They are only 100Mbit routers though which may not be what you are looking for.
December 17, 2011 3:18:51 AM

jale1966 said:
OK I have a home network, with the main computer wired and a few other laptops, but lately it seems like getting dropped a lot especially when I am on my on line game World of Warcraft, what is a good wireless router for a home network that is around $50 dollars or so let me know?

Dale

You may need to buy a router with Flow Control, then set network speed for each of you laptop.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:22:41 AM

Best answer selected by jale1966.
m
l
!