Solved

Need some advice on my first rig

Alright so considering my 4 year old PC I have right now and some cash i have I want to build a gaming PC with a 950$ budget.

Here is what I put together this and I want advice on it.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z77M-U3H-MVp
CPU: i5 3570k-3.4 Ghz planning to OC
GPU: Sapphire Redeon 7870 2GB after I get some more money I plan on getting a second Card.
PSU: Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600w
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 4x8GB 1600mhz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
HDD: I have a spare 1TB 7200RPM WD Black at home

Tell me what you think :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need advice
  1. I'd go for a 2x8 gb kit of ram for around $60. You won't benefit with 32 gb, and it wastes valuable space on small capacity ssd's. Use the money saved for an ssd; I almost got a 64 gb one for $30 on craigslist yesterday, but was too late to respond.
  2. 30$?! I thought about an SSD for my OS but it sounds like something ill get sometime in the future.
  3. Gigabyte Z77M-U3H-MV is not best performer for overclocking :) it limits your 35700k potential

go for any 150ish z77 board. asrock z77 extreme series is the cheapest solution
  4. Well Im not going to Oc it much. maybe to 3.8Ghz So thats K I guess and should I OC my GPU?
  5. I rebuilt it in PC Part Picker and I got this.
    Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds Intel Ivy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V.

and

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor and Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory are not compatible.

Something tells me They are wrong
  6. Best answer
    ^ lol yeah it is good that you notice 1,65 volt thing

swap it with corsair or gskill one, they are popular with intel i5 build and has 1,5v
  7. I think Ill replace it with the G.Skill 2x4GB 8Gb 1600Ghz
    I forgot I ordered the mobo,ram and Cpu since it was ridiculously cheap but thats fine Once the hyperX's come in ill return them and get G.Skills, Thx for verifying. :D
  8. Best answer selected by Garpatron.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems