660ti driver crashes and red screens

Raidou

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hello everyone! I have been having a problem with my new PC for a while now where while I am playing games or watching videos from any source that my display driver constantly crashes then recovers. Sometimes it'll crash as many as 11 times in a row before just staying black and forcing me to manually shut it down. Its happened a little less since I turned off hardware acceleration and redownloaded flash/drivers/games I play when it crashes but now its been causing me to red screen as well. Twice today and I don't know how to fix it or diagnose the problem. My GPU and CPU temps never go above 65 so I don't think its a overheating issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My comp specs are:
i7-2600k not overclocked
nvidia 660ti latest drivers
16gb ram
dual monitor setup
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

This was a brand new system so there were no previous gcards or OS's if it makes a difference. Thanks for your help!

SharperZeroCool

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Did those problems started after you updated the video drivers ? Either-way i would recommend for you to install an older driver, try one version older and if still doesn't work keep trying for at least 3 attempts, if that still doesn't work maybe you have some software or driver conflicting with your video driver, you can try to re-install windows with only the bare-minimum like video driver and 1 game for testing.

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Not enought power supply?

I would check the power requirements and the power supply that you have installed.

Take into account that some power supplies have limited output for each of the +12v rails, you have 2x6pin connectors and if you have it connected to the same rail you need that the ps feeds all the board requirements with only one rail.

First check the total power of the PS if enoughts then check the power you have available for each of the rails of the PS, if its near the board requirements check if you have connected each of the 6 pin to the same rail or to diferent ones.

Raidou

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

It started after i updated from its default drivers. Ill try going back to that one and see if it still happens.

Raidou

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

I have a 750watt PS which i think is plenty. Ill check the rail thing your talking about though.

SharperZeroCool

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
A 750 watt PSU is definitely plenty for your system as long as it is a good PSU brand.

the problem most likely is the video driver than, just revert back to the original drivers and if you are willing try to find the newest driver that won't cause any problems and stick to it for a while and don't forget to provide feedback to Nvidia about your problem so they can possibly fix the problem you're having in future driver releases.

Raidou

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
The crashes have been happening much less frequently but still get the red screen. I honestly have no clue why or what is causing this and its irritating. Found a post from nov 2nd saying they're aware of the problem and will fix it soon™.

TRENDING THREADS