Building A PC with 2 graphic card to display 6 monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jignesh1

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I am using this motherboard

MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

and 2 of this video card

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

to get 6 display up and i wont be using for gaming it just for like general menu displays in a retail store

Solution
If you run SLI or CFX you use the outputs from the primary card. If you disable SLI or CFX you have multiple independent GPUs and can utilize all three outputs per card. I've been running multiple monitor systems like this for over a decade.

Jignesh1

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
i saw that but i am trying to do is i dont want to spend that much money for just a display cause it not going to be any gaming use or it not for my personal use either
so i was thinking of using two card and get six display
can i SLI or Crossfire and get six display

Actually you can run 4 displays with that setup but not in surround or SLi. You would have to manually disable SLI and plug two monitors in each card. You wont be able to use all three outputs per card. Typically you can use both DVI or one DVI and one HDMI per card. Get two cards with DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort and you can run 6 monitors. You cant do it in SLI mode or in Surround mode. But you can run 6 monitors in extended display mode. I've done it on a couple of workstations for local clients.

Jignesh1

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I dont want surrond run i would like to run just display
cause we are trying run a display menu but i want to span it horizontally

and i thought when you have two independant cards it will have two sets of display cloning each other instead of extending the display

Jignesh1

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
so if i had two of this card it would not clone the desktop cuz i thought when you do sli or crossfire it combine the cards into one and help me with more displays

If you run SLI or CFX you use the outputs from the primary card. If you disable SLI or CFX you have multiple independent GPUs and can utilize all three outputs per card. I've been running multiple monitor systems like this for over a decade.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.