New PC Just Built, Turns on But Nothing on Screen

amarh21

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hi,

I've just finished building my computer and when I did my first boot, all the led's turned on, fans were working but there was nothing on screen. On my AsRock Mobo it came up with error 55 which is "Memory not installed", even though it was installed. When I take the RAM out, or even just have one in there, it comes up with error code 53, which means "Memory Initialisation error. No usable memory installed"

I've read the troubleshooting guide on the forums and everything is right there. Would it be that my memory is dead? Or maybe one of my processor socket pins is bent?

System Specs:

i5-3570
Asrock Z77 Performance Fatal1ty
Corsair VS550
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb
Asus GTX 660
Sharkoon T9 Value

Thanks for all your help,

Amar

Solution
You can visually inspect for bent pins and you could get some known to be working ram and try those in your Motherboard, or try your ram in another machine to verify that they are working.

Testing the ram slots will require known to be working ram the same is true for the cpu socket.

amarh21

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I've tried them both in all the slots but I am still getting the error. How could I test the motherboard socket? I also heard that bent pins can do this?

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
You can visually inspect for bent pins and you could get some known to be working ram and try those in your Motherboard, or try your ram in another machine to verify that they are working.

Testing the ram slots will require known to be working ram the same is true for the cpu socket.

Solution

amarh21

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I just took it up to my local computer store, he pressed the RAM in a tiny bit more, and it booted up fine! :p

I'm writing this from my new computer, thanks for all your help, even though I felt quite stupid when I saw the problem :ange:

Amar

TRENDING THREADS