Solved

Linux server with two static ip, one public, one private

Is there a simple way to have a web server have both a static public ip (I have a block of static IP's) and an static private ip (ex 192.168.0.60)? I am running a web project management application.... Do I need two seperate nic's to do this?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about linux server static public private
  1. Yes, many servers have both public and private IP addresses, and yes, they generally have two NICs.

However, you can use port forwarding or a DMZ on the router and then the server will have just one internal IP address, but can also be accessed by the public IP.
  2. Thank you for the response :-) Which option would you implement? Considering that the server is configured as a web server hosting a locally (private network 192.168.0.xxx) used project management application (Collabitive) that also needs access from the public (205.67.xxx.xxx) Also it would be nice for the private network to see a shared subdirectory to copy file to and fro.... Again thank you for your help :-) e
  3. Best answer
    If you are just using HTTP (web server), then I suggest forwarding port 80 (and port 443 is you use HTTPS) at the router since it limits the server's exposure to the wild Internet ;)
  4. Best answer selected by acumenet.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Static IP IP Servers Web Server Linux Networking