Help with Graphics Card/Power Supply Upgrade

mlt015

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hi everyone. I've searched the web and now my head is spinning. I just don't know what to do, so I thought i'd ask here.

I have a HP Pav p7-1050t desktop, and i want to upgrade my graphics so i can play online games. Since my HP only has a 250 power supply, i've been trying to match a good graphics card with the proper power supply. As i said, my head is spinning.

I think i like the radeon HDs, specifically the HD 6670 or the 6770. I'd like to have 2gb of video memory too.

Can anyone please help me match up the correct power supply with a good graphics card please? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

festerovic

Distinguished
That card is one of the few cards that has any kind of muscle that you could put in the machine. However, the 2gb versions are a sucker play by the manufacturers to get people who think more is better to spend more. The truth is, the extra memory would only benefit if you were running in higher resolutions, which that card is not going to do. You will be playing medium detail at 1680x1050 with acceptable frames on most titles.

BTW AMD claims those cards need a 400watt power supply, but I've seen them work fine on 250 and 300 watt psus.