Sign in with
Your question

Opinion on Build

Last response: in Systems
December 25, 2012 9:19:10 PM

Hi, I am building a PC soon and want some advice if the build I put together is any good, thanks :) 

Approximate Purchase Date: Febuary 2013

Budget Range: £800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Gaming, using adobe and office software, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: No, friend will be giving me a monitor

Parts to buy:
CPU - Intel i5 3570k // £167.94
Motherboard - AsRock Z77 Extreme4 // £101.97
GPU - Radeon HD 7850 (w/ free Far Cry 3 and Sleeping Dogs) // £169.99
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB // £55.22
HDD - Western Digital 1TB HDD // £55.22
PSU - Corsair 600w Power Supply // £56.98
SSD - Crucial M4 128GB // £78.96
Case - NZXT Phantom 410 // £89.99
Optical Drive - Already Own

Do you need to buy OS: No

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments: Quiet, cool PC which can run games like Skyrim and Battlefield on Ultra. Also to run multiple program's at once

More about : opinion build

December 25, 2012 9:33:11 PM

excellent build, if you can push a little higher and get a hd 7870... if not then you´re already ok.

OOh and a aftermarket cooler like a hyper212 evo will let you Oc, I think you´re gonna need it after all is a i5 K edition. ;) 
December 25, 2012 10:04:31 PM

pit_1209 said:
excellent build, if you can push a little higher and get a hd 7870... if not then you´re already ok.

OOh and a aftermarket cooler like a hyper212 evo will let you Oc, I think you´re gonna need it after all is a i5 K edition. ;) 

Thanks! And I was actually considering to get the 7870, which manufacturer would you recommend for that GPU? And I probably will get an aftermarket cooler depending on how much money I have
Related resources
December 25, 2012 10:07:53 PM

MexicanBandit said:
Thanks! And I was actually considering to get the 7870, which manufacturer would you recommend for that GPU? And I probably will get an aftermarket cooler depending on how much money I have

That XFX model that I linked to won't alter the cost of the build at all, I'd also recommend getting the power supply I suggested - it's much better quality than the Corsair CX series.
December 25, 2012 10:31:32 PM

MexicanBandit said:

I have had good experiences with sapphire and they´re usually a little cheaper, xfx is the best as long as guarantee time, that will depend in your budget in the end, and about the cooler you could stay with the stock as long as you´re not planning any Oc.

December 25, 2012 10:32:24 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That XFX model that I linked to won't alter the cost of the build at all, I'd also recommend getting the power supply I suggested - it's much better quality than the Corsair CX series.

I have managed to find a really good offer for the 7870 with Aria!
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/XFX+...!+?productId=52021

And thanks for the PSU, not too good with brands :) 
December 26, 2012 9:06:24 AM

I've decided that I'm going to go with the XFX Radeon HD 7870 from Aria. Do you lot know if will fit nicely into the NZXT Phantom 410 because I was watvhing a review of it on youtube and it looked pretty big!
!