Closed Solved

7970 now or 7970 Ghz edition later

Hi guys, I am thinking about building a PC soon = I5 3570k + Radeon 7970 Ghz edition, but since I am from Thailand, the Ghz edition is not available yet, and I dont wanna order it online because I wanna be able to claim the product to the local shop as warranty. Here are my qestions:

- Should I wait for the 7970 Ghz edition or should I go ahead and build with 7970 OC
- Is there any big difference between this two cards, where can I find the benchmark?
- Since I will not use this computer until January (currently abroad) so should I just wait?
- Will the price of 7970 and/or 7970 Ghz edition will drop soon?

Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7970 7970 edition later
  1. Best answer
    There are many aftermarket solutions from manufactures which are overclocked to 1Ghz or more. The Ghz Edition was nothing new
  2. oh ok thank you. Can the 7970 ghz edition be overclocked too? or once it is already overclocked it cannot be overclocked any further ^_^
  3. natb4444 said:
    oh ok thank you. Can the 7970 ghz edition be overclocked too? or once it is already overclocked it cannot be overclocked any further ^_^

I believe that it can, but it's slightly different than overclocked non-Ghz editions. There are a number of nice 1100Mhz 7970s available.
  4. Best answer selected by natb4444.
  5. The GHZ edition chips were really just a way for AMD to say that they have the best card. It was such a small overclock too, not worth like $50, although in Australia all prices are inflated so somehow they are roughly the same price if you know where to look.

Its a nice performance boost, but worth extra money? No. Go for the 7970 with the best clocks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel i5 Graphics Product