Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

is my graphics card broken

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Blue Screen
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 8, 2012 4:48:22 AM

was playing a game and suddenly the pc start flickering and gave me a blue screen and restarted and does the same as windows finished loading...is it my graphics card that's broken?

More about : graphics card broken

a c 208 U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:05:45 AM

quikslvasurfa said:
was playing a game and suddenly the pc start flickering and gave me a blue screen and restarted and does the same as windows finished loading...is it my graphics card that's broken?

sound more like a power or a heat issue. i would start by seeing if all the fans on the gpu and cpu and moving and there not covered in dust.if it still hangs if your pc has ipgpu (cpu or onboard video chipset). turn the pc off and unplug the gpu and see if the onboard video is fine. if you dont try swapping the video card to another pc or see if another video card works fine in the pc that having issues. if a replacment card does the same thing then it a power issue.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:06:45 AM

Could be a lot of reasons, on the blue screen theres an error code. Do you remember what it is? If you find that code you can google it or post it on here and it will give you the reason for the blue screen.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:07:23 AM

More known as a STOP code sorry about that.
m
0
l
November 8, 2012 10:30:22 AM

my onboard graphics works fine but everytime i put my graphics card in then it does the same thing...so i gues its my graphics card thats "dead" ...im going to buy me a new graphics card so mmmm thanks guys for the info...i now know something new...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 10:46:00 AM

quikslvasurfa said:
my onboard graphics works fine but everytime i put my graphics card in then it does the same thing...so i gues its my graphics card thats "dead" ...im going to buy me a new graphics card so mmmm thanks guys for the info...i now know something new...


no no no... as smorizio said, it could be your psu. Don't be so quick dumping you gpu. Usually when the gpu kicked the bucket, you will see artifacts on your screen, but will not causing your system to restart.
Your onboard's fine because it drew less power from the psu, that's why it run ok.
m
0
l
November 8, 2012 3:09:49 PM

mmmmmmm didn think like that...make sense to me now cos i had that problem with my graphics 3 years ago...and you right if it my graphics then the pc wont restart...will test the card onother p thanks man
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:45:45 PM

quikslvasurfa said:
mmmmmmm didn think like that...make sense to me now cos i had that problem with my graphics 3 years ago...and you right if it my graphics then the pc wont restart...will test the card onother p thanks man


Yeah thats what I was recommending, borrow or buy another card and see if it was just the card the was defective. If it does the same thing then I would say thats its probably a PSU issue.
m
0
l
!