Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2012 5:09:45 AM

Just bought a custom PC desktop with 2.8 ghz Pentium 4, 1G ram, 80G HDD, running XP pro SP 3. Any suggestions for a graphics card to run Flight Simulator X?

More about : graphics card

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:11:41 AM

Well thats a pretty old system. And idea on what the wattage is for the power supply ?
a c 106 U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 5:19:51 AM

Depends on what the motherboard is going to support with a P4 it could be AGP or it could be Pci-e.
Related resources
November 15, 2012 1:42:30 AM

Best answer selected by pfirth.
November 15, 2012 1:48:50 AM

Thanks guys. I didn't know all the questions to ask. It has a 375 watt power supply and Intel motherboard. I gave the model # to Tiger Direct who recommended a GE force 6200 card. It only has pci slots that I found. Does the power supply sound big enough? There is cooling in the psu and processor. Should I add fans? Thanks again.
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 2:33:21 AM

pfirth said:
Thanks guys. I didn't know all the questions to ask. It has a 375 watt power supply and Intel motherboard. I gave the model # to Tiger Direct who recommended a GE force 6200 card. It only has pci slots that I found. Does the power supply sound big enough? There is cooling in the psu and processor. Should I add fans? Thanks again.

375 is enough, pretty much all lower end cards only need a minimum of 300 or less. So youll be fine.
!