Solved

Graphics card

Just bought a custom PC desktop with 2.8 ghz Pentium 4, 1G ram, 80G HDD, running XP pro SP 3. Any suggestions for a graphics card to run Flight Simulator X?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card
  1. Best answer
    Well thats a pretty old system. And idea on what the wattage is for the power supply ?
  2. Depends on what the motherboard is going to support with a P4 it could be AGP or it could be Pci-e.
  3. Best answer selected by pfirth.
  4. Thanks guys. I didn't know all the questions to ask. It has a 375 watt power supply and Intel motherboard. I gave the model # to Tiger Direct who recommended a GE force 6200 card. It only has pci slots that I found. Does the power supply sound big enough? There is cooling in the psu and processor. Should I add fans? Thanks again.
  5. pfirth said:
    Thanks guys. I didn't know all the questions to ask. It has a 375 watt power supply and Intel motherboard. I gave the model # to Tiger Direct who recommended a GE force 6200 card. It only has pci slots that I found. Does the power supply sound big enough? There is cooling in the psu and processor. Should I add fans? Thanks again.

375 is enough, pretty much all lower end cards only need a minimum of 300 or less. So youll be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Desktops Hard Drives Windows XP Graphics