amwood92

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue where, upon going to play a video game, my monitor will turn white and acquire multicolored artifacts and vertical/horizontal lines. Thus far the issue has only occurred with Shogun 2: Total War, while two other heavily modded and system intensive games (Stalker: Call of Pripyat and Morrowind Enhanced) run perfectly fine.
After reinstalling my graphics card drivers the issue persists, and talking with the EVGA support team has led me to believe that either my PSU 12v rail is faulty or that my GPU is faulty, (or perhaps both!)

My system specs are as follows:
Intel i5 2500k
EVGA GeForce 670 2gb
Gigabyte z77 mobo
Samsung ddr3 ram 8gb
128 gb Samsung SSD
750W Ultra LSP PSU

I am incapable of testing the card on another system, but running CPUID hardware monitor indicates that my PSU's 12v rail consistently fluctuates between 12.02v and 12.10v. I do not know if this is a significant enough fluctuation to have an effect on my GPUs ability to render things.

It seems strange that this would only happen with ONE game. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

tripledouce

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
have you tried a re-install of the game i dont think your system hardware has any issues if you cannot re-produce this failure in any other way. if you can't achieve the failure using stress test tools then i think its an error in your game install some where.