Graphics card for around $300

madrobot3600

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello,
I've been reading up on this subject but I still need your help, I need the best gaming graphics card possible for around $300. Nvidia or ATI. I don't really care. I like pure numbers and statistics.

Headbomb

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I would go for the 7950.
I would recommend the Gigabyte one though. Much better cooling.
The 660ti is faster in Skyrim though.
The 7950 is better at pretty much everything else.

I would recommend Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.The other 7950's i recommend is HIS IceQ and Asus top i wouldn't bother with any other 7950's but that's me all should serve you well.It comes down to luck of the draw on quality of GPU and over clocking ability.

They all are decent.

JJ1217

Honorable
The 660ti could probably only be suggested if it was $250, but at $300 is definitely overpriced, and the performance gain is not worth it over the 660.

At this price point, a 7950 is probably going to suit your need more as well.

Get a decent one with a good cooler, you are pretty much looking at what Big Cyco suggested, but Sapphire's dual X is also a great cooler.

I too like the Vapor-X. Great cooler, very quiet. Asus DirectCUI and Gigabyte also have great aftermarket coolers.

Then again, I usually don't OC my cards so I go for the quietest cooler, not necessarily the "coldest."

Yeah i am not saying the Gigabyte is a bad card i personally have had bad luck with Gigabyte cards thus why i no longer would ever buy a card from them. ;)

And it's really hard to discount bad consumer experience. I've loved every Samsung phone I've had, but my cousin refuses to ever get one again. Just because nothing bad happened to me doesn't mean someone else didn't get a lemon. Stay with what works for you, right?

That's the way i see it i stick with Asus for motherboards though they cost more it's a comfort thing for me i don't buy stuff i have bad luck with more then twice i try to give second chances after that screw you no third chance :lol: