mavenik

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello , my pc configuration : core 2 quad processor 2.34ghz ,ram 4gb, nvidia geforce gt 520 -2gb ddr3 graphic card .

At the time of launch of bf3 , it always shows update driver , so can this might be the reason for lag on ultra settings ?
Can u please tell me is my system is qualified to handle battle field 3 on ultra settings ?
If not then tell me. What should I change ?

Thankyou :)

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
That system is way too low spec to run BF3 on ultra. I doubt it will even run it all the well on low settings.

The main reason is your graphics card. The 520 is not meant for a gaming card, and it also uses slow GDDR3 memory.

The processor isn't all that great, and seeing as it's a core 2 quad you are using DDR2 Ram then, which is pretty slow. Unless you have a board that allows you to overclock that processor by a good amount, you would need a new CPU+Motherboard+Ram and also a new video card before you even thought about running BF3 on ultra.

lchrisk

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Get a whole system upgrade. If you are not going to be playing multiplayer, a dual core will be enough, but you will for sure need a quad for multiplayer. Unless it's an i3, it still does okay.

Your ram and graphics card is also bottlenecking the system. Graphics card is outdated and performance is not made for bf3.

G

Is this a troll? Your entire system sucks. You should buy something like 800-1000$ assembled PC a minimum to play Bf3 with maxed settings. -.-

You're going to need a new computer if you want BF3 to be enjoyable. Also, get a good pair of sunglasses

kimyeang88

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I have Q6600 2.4Ghz with ATI 5850, i still can not play at Ultra setting. Also, your processor is way too slow for BF3 if you play multiplayer 64 players because whenever i overclock my Q6600 to 3.4 Ghz, i can see my fps increase about 10 to 15 fps. 4GB RAM is abit too low for BF3 either. BF3 + Windows 7 take around 3.6 to 3.7 GB RAM. I would say Change the graphic card and overclock your processor if you don't want to change it.

your graphic card is way too slow for BF3