HD 5650 MAJOR Drivers problem

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Drivers
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2012 1:10:21 PM

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with an ATI HD 5650 Mobility for more than a year now, it has 2 Video Cards that i can switch anytime i want(some crappy Intel video card an the ATI card), and i use it for gaming most of the time.
I Updated my drivers about a week ago(Removed old drivers, installed new ones) and now i have 3 major problems:

1)Catalyst doesnt work, every time i try to open it it says " AMD Catalyst cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software" and "the version of your graphics adapter is not supported".

2)I cant switch between the graphic cards(No Catalyst) , i cant even switch to the crappy Intel one, so im stuck with the now-even-crappier-then-Intel ATI card.

3) i cant run any game, not even flippin' Minecraft.. when i try to open ANY game i have it just gives me an error message telling me i dont have compatible hardware.

Also, if i format it to factory-state, does it mean the old drivers will be back?

And i heard i have to get specific HP drivers, but their siye is so annoying to use i just gave up.

More about : 5650 major drivers problem

November 8, 2012 2:37:57 PM

Did you remove the old drivers before the new ones were installed???

If you restore to factory the old drivers will be back.

What is your laptops exact model number?
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:23:30 PM

Hey,

Don't format it back to factory state.
Delete the existing drivers, and install and run driver sweeper to remove whats left of them. Then downloading and installing AMD's drivers from their website.

Hope this helps!
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 3:25:17 PM

To remove your current drivers go to Device manager (type it into search), then select graphics adapters, find both graphics cards, double click on one of them, and then select remove. Then go to amd.com, go to the support section, and search for drivers for your graphics card. Download and install them
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:02:03 PM

fil1p said:
To remove your current drivers go to Device manager (type it into search), then select graphics adapters, find both graphics cards, double click on one of them, and then select remove. Then go to amd.com, go to the support section, and search for drivers for your graphics card. Download and install them

I don't think that is wise as the tech driver that enables the GPU switch is HP specific.
m
l
November 8, 2012 9:21:59 PM

Novuake said:
I don't think that is wise as the tech driver that enables the GPU switch is HP specific.

Well then he should go to hp's website and see if they have any new drivers. Either way if its a driver issue, then there is not much you can do, unless you install new drivers, and/or remove the old ones first.
m
l
!