$1100 Video Editing / Gaming PC. How can I improve this?

Logicology

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Intro: I'm buying a build today! I just want to make sure this build is cost-effective and if there's anything I can upgrade for a little bit more money! My max cap is $1100 and I'd like to play video games and do amateur video editing with HD footage. Any advice? And I'm afraid to pull the trigger and buy a build! I'd like to have as many different people critique my build before I buy it. Thank you all in advance!

Other people seem to post a link to each specific part, I'm not sure if I should post just this or do what others seem to be doing. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/udt1 <---- Link to my current build.

Let me know if I should post each part individually, because I certainly will if needed. Thanks!

Edit: Changed the HDD in my build prior to receiving feedback.

jptech

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
While the Core i5-3570K is an excellent processor, the Core i7 3770K will perform better for video editing. However, whether you would want to spend extra for that depends on how much video work you do. What software will you use for your editing? Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 will accelerate editing with your GTX 670 (using CUDA). The 3570k is very capable of high definition editing, and I have done quite a bit of editing on a 2500k paired with an nVidia CUDA GPU quite similar to your setup.

An SSD for Windows & certain applications would improve responsiveness, and I personally use a 128GB Samsung 830 and love it. An additional HDD would make for a RAID to help with video work, but that is most likely overkill.

Anyhow, it looks like a good build, and in its current state, it should handle most anything you would be using it for.

Best of luck,
jptech