Sign in with
Your question
Closed

NVIDIA SLI vs Single Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2012 3:37:31 PM

I just want the best performance in Mechwarrior Onlime, BF3, and other newer titles. My question is let's say dual 660s vs a 670/80. I require a NVIDIA card to use its 3D feature.

More about : nvidia sli single card

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2012 3:49:33 PM

Well two 660s in SLI will give you better performance, but they will draw more power, and some games are not optimized to run on two graphic cards, and will not use their full potential. Battlefield 3 is optimized so you will have some great performance there. However with multiple GPU set-ups you may run into driver issues, and microstuttering. A single gtx670 will run all of your games maxed out, and does support 3d. It can also be overclocked to attain performance levels of a gtx680, for $100 less. The dual 660's will offer more performance, but a gtx670 is really all you need. Also in the future you could just add a second one for more performance, but that won't be necessary for quite a while :D 

What are your system specifications, and what monitor/resolution do you plan to game on?

Hope this helps!
November 8, 2012 4:04:38 PM

Best answer selected by Poltregeist.
Score
November 8, 2012 4:07:28 PM

fil1p said:
Well two 660s in SLI will give you better performance, but they will draw more power, and some games are not optimized to run on two graphic cards, and will not use their full potential. Battlefield 3 is optimized so you will have some great performance there. However with multiple GPU set-ups you may run into driver issues, and microstuttering. A single gtx670 will run all of your games maxed out, and does support 3d. It can also be overclocked to attain performance levels of a gtx680, for $100 less. The dual 660's will offer more performance, but a gtx670 is really all you need. Also in the future you could just add a second one for more performance, but that won't be necessary for quite a while :D 

What are your system specifications, and what monitor/resolution do you plan to game on?

Hope this helps!

I am getting a system based on the 3570k, 16GB RAM, and a BenQ XL2420T @ 1920x1080.
Score
!