Will a graphics card fit my motherboard?

NFSDENIS

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hello, I was wondering if a XFX 7870 will fit into my motherboard.
Heres a picture to show the layout of my motherboard, the ram sticks are getting in the way and was thinking is there any way to make the 7870 fit into my motherboard. It 16 cm from the case end to the ram sticks.
20121108_114941.jpg

Solution
As mentioned above you need to have a mini tower at minimum to fit a full height card like the HD7870. Length of the card is measured from the back of the tower and across the width of the motherboard, sometimes there is a drive cage in the way of the card in these prebuilt computers.
CM is not a recommended PSU maker and all you need is 450-500watt PSU. Many HD7870 are 9.5" long so it will fit if you have that free length from the back of the case.
Surprised to see an ACER motherboard in a Gateway but nowadays it is hard to guess who owns who.
Your CPU is a great match with the HD7870.

No, you need to make sure nothing's going to be in the way stopping it from fitting lengthwise going 9 inches from the back of the case towards the front.

You also need to make sure that the case is wide enough, and doesn't require a low-profile card.

As mentioned above you need to have a mini tower at minimum to fit a full height card like the HD7870. Length of the card is measured from the back of the tower and across the width of the motherboard, sometimes there is a drive cage in the way of the card in these prebuilt computers.

Solution