Sign in with
Your question

Fuzziness

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2012 7:36:33 PM

I recently installed my new graphics card which is the 1GB MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition one. I have to use a DVI to VGA converter since my LCD TV I'm using doesn't have a D-Sub port. Anyways, I notice like the grey pixels in the background of the entire screen, moving. Like if I look closely, I can see grey moving fuzziness type pixels. I'm not sure if that's the consequences of using a converter or what? And yes, I have the latest drivers from the AMD site.

More about : fuzziness

November 8, 2012 7:50:47 PM

What is the native resolution of that TV? Make sure the graphics card is outputting at that resolution. Stationary pixels (typically called "artifacts") often indicate an overheated or defective GPU, but as far as "moving" pixels are concerned, I'm not sure what might cause that other than interference or a bad cable (or adapter).
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:12:09 PM

Onus said:
What is the native resolution of that TV? Make sure the graphics card is outputting at that resolution. Stationary pixels (typically called "artifacts") often indicate an overheated or defective GPU, but as far as "moving" pixels are concerned, I'm not sure what might cause that other than interference or a bad cable (or adapter).

This is the specs on my TV:

I just changed it to that and it looks worse & the TV said "Resolution Mismatch."
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 8:17:15 PM

I cannot see that at work, but will look when I get home in another hour or so.
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:18:29 PM

Onus said:
I cannot see that at work, but will look when I get home in another hour or so.

It's 1366x768 @ 60Hz which is the native stuff for this TV.
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:54:02 PM

if you can't run an HDMI cable from the card to the TV and you have to run VGA, you might as well stop trying to fix it.
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:58:24 PM

swifty_morgan said:
if you can't run an HDMI cable from the card to the TV and you have to run VGA, you might as well stop trying to fix it.

Haven't tried running an HDMI from it to the TV yet.
m
l
November 8, 2012 9:09:37 PM

VGA is the worst kind of connection you can make.
m
l
November 8, 2012 9:50:47 PM

If setting your display to 1366x768 made it look worse, then swifty_ is probably right. Use the HDMI connection instead.
m
l
!