Sign in with
Your question

Services.msc run issue

Last response: in Windows 7
March 1, 2012 9:21:23 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to get the game Gotham City Impostors running, but it won't launch. I think I've narrowed the problem down to being Games for Windows Live, and furthermore it seems that the Games for Windows service can't actually run - it says a required system resource is missing. I went through services.msc and discovered that Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant wasn't running, so I set it to automatic and clicked Start. It runs for about five seconds, and then it just stops. I've tried reinstalling several times with no success.

Any suggestions? The developers of the game have been of no help sadly.

More about : services msc run issue

March 2, 2012 2:41:20 AM

sounds like you're trying to run a cracked version of t he game.....

There should be a file in the install directory of your game call redistributables or distributables. There are some in there related to windows live....run them manually this might fix the issue (whether it's cracked or not)
m
l
March 2, 2012 9:53:17 AM

bobusboy said:
sounds like you're trying to run a cracked version of t he game.....

There should be a file in the install directory of your game call redistributables or distributables. There are some in there related to windows live....run them manually this might fix the issue (whether it's cracked or not)

Nope, I bought it on Steam the day it was released. Tried opening it directly too. Already run the redists.
m
l
Related resources
!