BF2: nasty flag stealing heli-scum ...payback

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 4, 2005 5:02:04 AM

love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
safe ...then... click ...BOOM

lurve that sticky C4

ROFLOL

\Solidus
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 5:02:05 AM

I LOVE it. I've just been nailing those beasts with my anti-tank gun. YOUR
way is MUCH BETTER!

<Solidus> wrote in message

> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
> safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>
> lurve that sticky C4
>
> ROFLOL
>

> \Solidus
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:19:48 PM

Solidus wrote:
> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
> safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>
> lurve that sticky C4
>
> ROFLOL

Yeah, self-sticking C4 os the gaffa tape of weapons. Always handy, with
many entertaining uses ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:33:40 PM

Solidus <> wrote in news:8jugc1ta3k7o8de6nm5n1ina45jarce0g4@4ax.com:

> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
> safe ...then... click ...BOOM

A good pilot doesn't *land*. He'll float at pole-top level. A good
transport team will have a couple of engies wrenching away in back to
repair damage from fire from the ground.

I sure wish the unlockable weapons included a hand-held Stinger. I'd much
rather get that than one of those cheesy rifles. (I'm also an explosives
fan, so something in the C4/mine/claymore family would be nice, too!)
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:11:53 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Solidus <> wrote in news:8jugc1ta3k7o8de6nm5n1ina45jarce0g4@4ax.com:
>

>>love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
>>hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
>>take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
>>safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>

> A good pilot doesn't *land*. He'll float at pole-top level. A good
> transport team will have a couple of engies wrenching away in back to
> repair damage from fire from the ground.
>
> I sure wish the unlockable weapons included a hand-held Stinger. I'd much
> rather get that than one of those cheesy rifles. (I'm also an explosives
> fan, so something in the C4/mine/claymore family would be nice, too!)
Yes I would like the AT kit upgrade to be in the main weapon , unlock a
missle that heat seeks aircraft as well as guides in on vehicles. I am
pretty sure I saw some tests on such a missle somewhere.... In general
there needs to be more levels of unlock in each kit so you can
specialize instead of spending each unlock on kits you never play.
Really I play support the most, sometimes medic, occasionaly AT, sniper
once in awhile and rarely the assault kit or spec ops. I am never an
engie. SO I would rather have three or four machine guns to unlock. OR
if your a scout why not after the big boy rifle up grade the pistol to a
silenced subgun like the styr skorpion or increase the number of mines
you can carry etc. I mean after a year of specializing as a sniper you
could have three levels of unlock and be very deadly albiet in a narrow
focus. THe support kit can get an mg jsut as deadly as the pkm but with
a higher rate of fire or smaller deviation per bullet, how about a
scoped light mg. THere are many possibilities and I hope we see them in
the various patches. I would even buy an expansion disk if it contained
more levels to unlock per kit and four new maps and a new vehicle or
two. Otherwise some cool mods will come out(some of the total
conversions on the near horizon look sweet) and they will have something
more to offer that will draw me away from ranked servers -and without
more unlocks I won't touch an expansion.
July 4, 2005 9:24:14 PM

<Solidus> wrote in message

> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
> safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>
> lurve that sticky C4
>
> ROFLOL
>

> \Solidus

HAHA good one. I hadn't thought of that. Has anyone tested the range of
the C4 switch?
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:24:15 PM

Schrodinger wrote:
> <Solidus> wrote in message
>
>>love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
>>hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
>>take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
>>safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>>
>>lurve that sticky C4
>>
>>ROFLOL
>>

>>\Solidus
>

> HAHA good one. I hadn't thought of that. Has anyone tested the range of
> the C4 switch?

I think it is map wide. I have put C4 on helicopters on their pads and
blown them up once they loaded. next time I will wait till thiey fly a
good piece away just to really be an ass before I blow it up. And
incidently find out if the detonator has a range.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 1:57:42 PM

"Mr. Nemo" <OldChieftain@hotmailSPAM.com> wrote in news:WRfye.12304$fV.9666
@okepread06:

> THere are many possibilities and I hope we see them in
> the various patches. I would even buy an expansion disk if it contained
> more levels to unlock per kit and four new maps and a new vehicle or
> two. Otherwise some cool mods will come out(some of the total
> conversions on the near horizon look sweet) and they will have something
> more to offer that will draw me away from ranked servers -and without
> more unlocks I won't touch an expansion.

Unlocked weapons are really the only thing that ranked servers have going
for them so once you realize that any but the most die-hard player will get
more than two unlocks (and the 2nd only after weeks of play). Once people
figure that out and the novelty wears off, expect people to return to
unranked servers, leaving ranked servers to the newbs. I'd much rather run
a mod than *pay* for weapons I'd have to play more weeks to see.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:52:28 PM

Schrodinger wrote:
> <Solidus> wrote in message

> HAHA good one. I hadn't thought of that. Has anyone tested the range of
> the C4 switch?

No limit, there is only time-out.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:09:35 PM

ScratchMonkey left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Unlocked weapons are really the only thing that ranked servers have going
> for them so once you realize that any but the most die-hard player will get
> more than two unlocks (and the 2nd only after weeks of play). Once people
> figure that out and the novelty wears off, expect people to return to
> unranked servers, leaving ranked servers to the newbs. I'd much rather run
> a mod than *pay* for weapons I'd have to play more weeks to see.

Unfortunately people do love their stats. Put a ranking system into the
game as BF2 has done and people will want to increase their ranks.

EA has made this a larger problem by only allowing one hosting company -
Multiplay - to host ranked servers. At least this is the case in the
UK. Hopefully once more ranked servers are hosted and if EA allow more
hosting companies to host ranked servers the situation will improve.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:20:21 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:09:35 +0100, Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately people do love their stats. Put a ranking system into the
>game as BF2 has done and people will want to increase their ranks.

true enough until you realise how easy it is to get huge stats through
exploits. then you find you're taking orders from the tossers.

>EA has made this a larger problem by only allowing one hosting company -
>Multiplay - to host ranked servers. At least this is the case in the
>UK. Hopefully once more ranked servers are hosted and if EA allow more
>hosting companies to host ranked servers the situation will improve.

there has been no effort made to police the scoring & afaik there are
no plans to. ffs, in those vids, one of the 'rape victims' was a
server admin who was obviously powerless to stop it.
more than one hosting company would be, imo, a complaint & problem
magnet. each blaming the other for any errors leading to a lot of
unhappy gamers.

dr ratt

i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.
July 6, 2005 12:43:03 PM

Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen wrote:
> Solidus wrote:
>
>> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
>> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
>> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
>> safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>>
>> lurve that sticky C4
>>
>> ROFLOL
>

> Yeah, self-sticking C4 os the gaffa tape of weapons. Always handy, with
> many entertaining uses ;-)
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

when lurking as SpecOps in enemy base, pop a spare C4 on an aircraft or
helicopter lol
hear the whine of the turbines, whoosh of the takeoff sayall "SMILE" click
July 6, 2005 12:44:57 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Solidus <> wrote in news:8jugc1ta3k7o8de6nm5n1ina45jarce0g4@4ax.com:
>

>>love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
>>hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
>>take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
>>safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>

> A good pilot doesn't *land*. He'll float at pole-top level. A good
> transport team will have a couple of engies wrenching away in back to
> repair damage from fire from the ground.
>
> I sure wish the unlockable weapons included a hand-held Stinger. I'd much
> rather get that than one of those cheesy rifles. (I'm also an explosives
> fan, so something in the C4/mine/claymore family would be nice, too!)

selectable C4 charge detonation would be good too.
July 6, 2005 12:47:17 PM

Mr. Nemo wrote:
> ScratchMonkey wrote:
>
>> Solidus <> wrote in news:8jugc1ta3k7o8de6nm5n1ina45jarce0g4@4ax.com:
>>

>>> love pasting C4 on nasty flag stealing heli-scum, when try
>>> hover-poaching a flag, pop a couple of rounds off at them ... they
>>> take off ...(all scared) ....wait until they are high enough to feel
>>> safe ...then... click ...BOOM
>>

>> A good pilot doesn't *land*. He'll float at pole-top level. A good
>> transport team will have a couple of engies wrenching away in back to
>> repair damage from fire from the ground.
>>
>> I sure wish the unlockable weapons included a hand-held Stinger. I'd
>> much rather get that than one of those cheesy rifles. (I'm also an
>> explosives fan, so something in the C4/mine/claymore family would be
>> nice, too!)
>
> Yes I would like the AT kit upgrade to be in the main weapon , unlock a
> missle that heat seeks aircraft as well as guides in on vehicles. I am
> pretty sure I saw some tests on such a missle somewhere.... In general
> there needs to be more levels of unlock in each kit so you can
> specialize instead of spending each unlock on kits you never play.
> Really I play support the most, sometimes medic, occasionaly AT, sniper
> once in awhile and rarely the assault kit or spec ops. I am never an
> engie. SO I would rather have three or four machine guns to unlock. OR
> if your a scout why not after the big boy rifle up grade the pistol to a
> silenced subgun like the styr skorpion or increase the number of mines
> you can carry etc. I mean after a year of specializing as a sniper you
> could have three levels of unlock and be very deadly albiet in a narrow
> focus. THe support kit can get an mg jsut as deadly as the pkm but with
> a higher rate of fire or smaller deviation per bullet, how about a
> scoped light mg. THere are many possibilities and I hope we see them in
> the various patches. I would even buy an expansion disk if it contained
> more levels to unlock per kit and four new maps and a new vehicle or
> two. Otherwise some cool mods will come out(some of the total
> conversions on the near horizon look sweet) and they will have something
> more to offer that will draw me away from ranked servers -and without
> more unlocks I won't touch an expansion.

we need 'Action Battlefield' type weapons in BF2
ahh the those 'nuke' det packs :D
and the scoped MG42, Sniper with jetpack,
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:56:37 PM

Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

> Yeah, self-sticking C4 os the gaffa tape of weapons. Always handy,
> with many entertaining uses ;-)

Especially if like the WW2 Gammon bombs it would sometimes accidentally
stick to the guy who just lit the fuse ;-)

Juergen Nieveler
--
My hard disk is full! Maybe I'll try this message section thing.
July 7, 2005 4:41:48 AM

malcolm wrote:
> Mr. Nemo wrote:
>
>> ScratchMonkey wrote:

>>> A good pilot doesn't *land*. He'll float at pole-top level. A good
>>> transport team will have a couple of engies wrenching away in back to
>>> repair damage from fire from the ground.
>>>
>>> I sure wish the unlockable weapons included a hand-held Stinger. I'd
>>> much rather get that than one of those cheesy rifles. (I'm also an
>>> explosives fan, so something in the C4/mine/claymore family would be
>>> nice, too!)
>>

>> Yes I would like the AT kit upgrade to be in the main weapon , unlock
>> a missle that heat seeks aircraft as well as guides in on vehicles. I
>> am pretty sure I saw some tests on such a missle somewhere.... In
>> general there needs to be more levels of unlock in each kit so you can
>> specialize instead of spending each unlock on kits you never play.
>> Really I play support the most, sometimes medic, occasionaly AT,
>> sniper once in awhile and rarely the assault kit or spec ops. I am
>> never an engie. SO I would rather have three or four machine guns to
>> unlock. OR if your a scout why not after the big boy rifle up grade
>> the pistol to a silenced subgun like the styr skorpion or increase the
>> number of mines you can carry etc. I mean after a year of specializing
>> as a sniper you could have three levels of unlock and be very deadly
>> albiet in a narrow focus. THe support kit can get an mg jsut as deadly
>> as the pkm but with a higher rate of fire or smaller deviation per
>> bullet, how about a scoped light mg. THere are many possibilities and
>> I hope we see them in the various patches. I would even buy an
>> expansion disk if it contained more levels to unlock per kit and four
>> new maps and a new vehicle or two. Otherwise some cool mods will come
>> out(some of the total conversions on the near horizon look sweet) and
>> they will have something more to offer that will draw me away from
>> ranked servers -and without more unlocks I won't touch an expansion.
>

> we need 'Action Battlefield' type weapons in BF2
> ahh the those 'nuke' det packs :D
> and the scoped MG42, Sniper with jetpack,

What we really need is the Chaos Quake mod weapons. The vomit gas arrow
is poorly emulated by BF2's post-injury recovery period ;-)
July 8, 2005 4:33:17 AM

jOhN wrote:

>> we need 'Action Battlefield' type weapons in BF2
>> ahh the those 'nuke' det packs :D
>> and the scoped MG42, Sniper with jetpack,
>>
> What we really need is the Chaos Quake mod weapons. The vomit gas arrow
> is poorly emulated by BF2's post-injury recovery period ;-)

thats sounds funny to see
!