Nokia 6600 contacts export

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
February 8, 2005 5:59:10 PM

Hi-

Is there any way to export or sync my phone's contacts with my PC
without installing the now-removed-and-little-missed bletcherous PC
Suite?

I can't undestand why the 6600 won't let you send multiple contacts to
anything other than "email".

Bah!

Perhaps this can be my first attempt at Symbian programming - a
program to loop through the contacts and send them all via Bluetooth
or IR. Or something to export them as XML or CSV ( yep, I saw
Contacts Manager but it seems like a lot of money for something really
simple that should probably be free ).
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:57:38 PM

Try http://www.mobical.net/

It's free and once synced with your phone you can exports contacts as a
vCard or csv file.

"John Carlyle-Clarke" <john.cc@nospam.europlacer.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi-
>
> Is there any way to export or sync my phone's contacts with my PC
> without installing the now-removed-and-little-missed bletcherous PC
> Suite?
>
> I can't undestand why the 6600 won't let you send multiple contacts to
> anything other than "email".
>
> Bah!
>
> Perhaps this can be my first attempt at Symbian programming - a
> program to loop through the contacts and send them all via Bluetooth
> or IR. Or something to export them as XML or CSV ( yep, I saw
> Contacts Manager but it seems like a lot of money for something really
> simple that should probably be free ).

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 11:08:49 PM

"Stuart Holmes" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> Try http://www.mobical.net/
>
> It's free and once synced with your phone you can exports contacts as a
> vCard or csv file.
>
> "John Carlyle-Clarke" <john.cc@nospam.europlacer.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi-
>>
>> Is there any way to export or sync my phone's contacts with my PC
>> without installing the now-removed-and-little-missed bletcherous PC
>> Suite?
>>
>> I can't undestand why the 6600 won't let you send multiple contacts to
>> anything other than "email".
>>
>> Bah!
>>
>> Perhaps this can be my first attempt at Symbian programming - a
>> program to loop through the contacts and send them all via Bluetooth
>> or IR. Or something to export them as XML or CSV ( yep, I saw
>> Contacts Manager but it seems like a lot of money for something really
>> simple that should probably be free ).

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:59:49 PM

"Stuart Holmes" <me@here.com> wrote in

> "John Carlyle-Clarke" <john.cc@nospam.europlacer.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:Xns95F7957B3E216johncceuroplacercouk@192.168.1.69...
>> Hi-
>>
>> Is there any way to export or sync my phone's contacts with my PC
>> without installing the now-removed-and-little-missed bletcherous
>> PC Suite?
>
> Try http://www.mobical.net/
>
> It's free and once synced with your phone you can exports contacts
> as a vCard or csv file.

That's great! Thanks :)
!