SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hello everyone
My question is that if in a system if the GPU memory equals or exceeds the RAM memory can there be conflicts ? e.g I gb GPU with Igb RAM.

4745454b

Titan
There wouldn't be any "conflicts", at least as I think of the term. You would have massive issues however. For example, if you are trying to play modern (or even semi modern) games with only 1GB of ram you will have lots of problems. You can do it, but you'll be limited to very low settings because you lack enough ram to hold all the games details.

Any modern gaming computer should have between 4GB and 8GB of RAM ideally. There's no reasonable situation where graphics card memory should meet nor exceed system memory in capacity.

If you were to have say a 2GB graphics card when your computer only has 2GB of system memory and is running a 32 bit OS, then yes, there can be conflicts, but you're more likely to simply run out of system memory before such conflicts really cause any trouble anyway.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
No I won't be needing that much modern games. I have a old PC which my brother uses only for gaming.2008-2009 RELEASED GAMES (CODMW/CODMW2/PROTOTYPE/FARCRY2/...) SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT for him. IF playing modern games was the main issue the cpu would be the first drawback. Its only a single core Pentium 4. almost all games released after 2009 require a dual/quad core. Since it has only 1 gb of ram and i am not sure how much the mobo supports I was thinking whether I would buy him a old 512 mb or a 1 gb GPU.....whichever suits better.but it should play the mentioned games....at least at medium settings smoothly.

I wouldn't go past 512MiB (well, maybe 640MiB, but still) per active GPU unless you upgrade the system's memory capacity.