Your question

HD monitor for GTX 560ti?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 9, 2012 3:50:39 AM

hi!!
I recently got a new budget pc
core i5 25000k, 8gb ram, GTX560ti and windows 32 bit

I have 2 questions..

1) the system says only 4 gb is usable due to windows 7 32bit........should i update to 64bit? pros and cons?

2) I have been thinking of getting a new monitor, my current has a native res of 1280*1024
i wana get 1080 HD monitor
the problem is that i can run every gme maxd out on this res with my rig (except witcher 2 ubersampling :p ).......battlefield 3 also runs smooth

I know if i get a HD monitor 1080....i will have to play most of the games and medium settings...
Should i upgrade?

does 1080 with medium specs look better than 1280*1024 all maxed out?

Please advice

More about : monitor gtx 560ti

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
November 9, 2012 4:27:08 AM

1) if you really want to take advantage all your system resources then upgrade to win 64 bit though you have to make fresh install because you can't upgrade 32 bit OS to 64 bit one. about pro and cons i don't see much cons with using 64 bit OS anymore these days. 64 bit use more resource than 32 bit but with component such as DRAM are so cheap and strong mainstream cpu available to mainstream user today i don't think it was a problem anymore hardware wise. the same can be said on driver support. when 64 bit OS first come out with win XP 64 bit people are hesitant to make a move to 64 bit because hardware driver support are very lacking but we have long past that and now most hardware have both 32 bit and 64 bit driver ready.

2) GTX560 Ti is quite capable even at 1080p. my friends able to run BF3 on ultra setting with average frame rates around 45. that's on single player though :p 

regardless of resolution high setting will always looks better than medium setting. but as i said above GTX560 Ti is quite capable so you can still run most of the game on high setting at 1080p though you might not be able to maintain 60 FPS
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
November 9, 2012 5:41:03 AM

gauravpdutta said:

1) the system says only 4 gb is usable due to windows 7 32bit........should i update to 64bit? pros and cons?

There aren't any cons. Pros: you can run 64bit applications, you can use up and not waste your computer resources.

gauravpdutta said:

2) I have been thinking of getting a new monitor, my current has a native res of 1280*1024
i wana get 1080 HD monitor
the problem is that i can run every gme maxd out on this res with my rig (except witcher 2 ubersampling :p ).......battlefield 3 also runs smooth

I know if i get a HD monitor 1080....i will have to play most of the games and medium settings...
Should i upgrade?

does 1080 with medium specs look better than 1280*1024 all maxed out?

I have a GTX 560 Ti and I use 1080p monitor. I can max most games out, not all though. On battlefield 3 64 player I'm limited to Ultra with only 2xMSAA @ 40 fps or High @ 60 fps. Witcher 2 runs smoothly on all settings maxed except ubersampling :) . Around 40 fps on it.

And yes, 1080p medium looks MUCH better than 1280*1024 maxed out. Trust me on this one: had a 1280x1024 for a week because I wasn't at home and took only my desktop with me, it looks so much worse on such monitor that I wanted to cry when I started playing...
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
November 9, 2012 9:42:52 AM

I'd like to point out that you should be able to get a 64bit upgrade to Win8 really cheap right now. Will save you from having to buy a copy of win7 for $100.

I'd get the 1080 monitor. Even if you have to turn some settings down in a GPU upgrade or two you'll be right back to goodness.
m
l
November 9, 2012 8:52:33 PM

renz496 said:
1) if you really want to take advantage all your system resources then upgrade to win 64 bit though you have to make fresh install because you can't upgrade 32 bit OS to 64 bit one. about pro and cons i don't see much cons with using 64 bit OS anymore these days. 64 bit use more resource than 32 bit but with component such as DRAM are so cheap and strong mainstream cpu available to mainstream user today i don't think it was a problem anymore hardware wise. the same can be said on driver support. when 64 bit OS first come out with win XP 64 bit people are hesitant to make a move to 64 bit because hardware driver support are very lacking but we have long past that and now most hardware have both 32 bit and 64 bit driver ready.

2) GTX560 Ti is quite capable even at 1080p. my friends able to run BF3 on ultra setting with average frame rates around 45. that's on single player though :p 

regardless of resolution high setting will always looks better than medium setting. but as i said above GTX560 Ti is quite capable so you can still run most of the game on high setting at 1080p though you might not be able to maintain 60 FPS

hey!!
thanks for your detailed reply reli appreciate it!
So i had a 9400GT before..so i am more than happy with a steady 30fps...i have been playing games with so much lag with 9400gt that 30 fps is like a dram come true!!! :p 

m
l
November 9, 2012 8:56:56 PM

okay so then everyone seems to think a 1080p monitor is the way to go with a GTX560ti....il get asap
U guys know of any website from were i can purchase....m not a budget here so m gono say $100 to $150
And also i live in India (Mumbai)
And finally, will i see an increase in performance with 64bit as it uses more resources? (like ram)
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
November 10, 2012 9:51:24 AM

Yes, only RAM. But you will also get an increase of RAM, so I would not worry about it.

m
l
!