Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A spider in my LCD screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 9, 2012 7:55:45 AM

Hi all,

Well this is very weird! I have what appears to be a very small (about half the size or cursor arrow) spider in my screen. Definitely not on it, its immune to squishing! It appears it is not real, as I assume there is no room inside my screen for this small beasty to be running around in!

I tried to take the screenshot the screen but its not appearing in the image.

I tried to google it for the solution but there is none. But i found that many have the same problem as well.

Check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBfrqJ130A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TtZwpCy0oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdcViKC_wc

Its the same sized/type spider in my screen too.


Anyone got any idea? IS there a solution? IS it a virus/malware??

plz help

More about : spider lcd screen

November 9, 2012 12:12:07 PM

Lol
Is it crawling like its shown in the video?
I think its some kind of program (malware or virus) running in your system.

Dose it appear right when the system boots up or it appears after getting into the dextop?
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 12:17:51 PM

If you shine a flashlight on it can you see it even when the monitor is powered off?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 9, 2012 12:23:05 PM

Can you get a camera and take a few pictures?
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 12:36:37 PM

LCD's work by filtering the White light from fluorescent bulbs / LED's behind the LCD panel.

My guess?

What you are seeing in those video's / on your monitor IS a small spider, but it is running around on the back on the LCD panel, between the panel and light source and you are in effect seeing it's shadow on the screen.

Tried a vacuum cleaner to suck it out?

stuart
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 12:37:04 PM

LOL, thats amazing I want one :D 

I would have originally though this was some kind of malware as the screen is solid, but could it be casting a shadow if its between the backlight and the panel?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 12:50:14 PM

stuart72 said:

What you are seeing in those video's / on your monitor IS a small spider, but it is running around on the back on the LCD panel, between the panel and light source and you are in effect seeing it's shadow on the screen.

Tried a vacuum cleaner to suck it out?

stuart


Great minds..... :lol: 

Why on earth would you wanna suck it out though, its the coolest thing I've seen all year....It'll probably die soon anyway :( 


m
0
l
November 9, 2012 12:55:18 PM

it is a sign from the Spider Gods.. Do not kill it.. You are the chosen one.. Can't you see that?.. You should start to feel the spider power growing inside you..
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 1:00:25 PM

best thing ever! lol this is amazing, i say wait for it to die
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 1:09:17 PM

arnoldlouie said:
it is a sign from the Spider Gods.. Do not kill it.. You are the chosen one.. Can't you see that?.. You should start to feel the spider power growing inside you..



new super heroes will be born... :D 

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 1:16:37 PM

m
0
l
November 9, 2012 1:36:36 PM

download malwarebytes and scan. Adaware might take it off also.

Scan with your virus program.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 1:43:50 PM

inerax said:
download malwarebytes and scan. Adaware might take it off also.

Scan with your virus program.


Its obviously a real spider, at least in those vids anyway....If you look closely at the last one you can see really fine legs, it would be all pixelated and aliasing if it was displayed on the monitor
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 1:55:29 PM

paddys09 said:
Its obviously a real spider, at least in those vids anyway....If you look closely at the last one you can see really fine legs, it would be all pixelated and aliasing if it was displayed on the monitor


Maybe I guess. Weird. can you see it when the computer is off?
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 2:02:04 PM

Crazy... someone (multiple people even) has had the same problem. Here is what i have found that has worked.


Turn off your screen, take a lamp that you can hang over your screen (preferrably one that's quite bright), turn it on and hang it like 2 cm's above your screen.. my theory was that the bug would see bright light coming from the top of the screen and/or feel that the top was warmer..

And it worked! After about an hour I turned on my laptop.. and voila.. no more bug.. :) 
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 2:27:18 PM

this is simple.. please read below.

The Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
And the Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the spout again.

As you read..it will climb up again.. The spider is persistent and will stay there as long as it wants to. No troubleshooting can fix this.
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 2:30:21 PM

arnoldlouie said:
this is simple.. please read below.

The Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
And the Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the spout again.

As you read..it will climb up again.. The spider is persistent and will stay there as long as it wants to. No troubleshooting can fix this.


Rofl
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2012 2:37:19 PM

I had some little bug thing in mine before, managed to squish him in the bottom corner near the taskbar so it wasn't noticeable on white pages. lol.
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 2:37:43 PM

inerax said:
download malwarebytes and scan. Adaware might take it off also.

Scan with your virus program.


Its not a virus/malware/adware/worm or anything like that. It's obviously a bug!
m
0
l
November 9, 2012 2:52:19 PM

Please check if the spider affects fps.. I would assume 2-10 increase in fps.

I will stop posting on this thread.. I apologize on the behalf of people making fun of your problem.. Unlike most threads..this is a life and death situation(for the spider) and should not be taken lightly. Good luck to you..and may the Spider God be with you always.. I will leave you with a inspiring song.. to boost your morale...

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does.
Can he swing from a web?
No, he can't, he's a pig,
Look out, he is a Spider-Pig!
m
0
l
November 10, 2012 6:02:49 AM

I cant see it after turning off the monitor...tried all the suggestions above. its not a real one..i can see it only after turning on the monitor.

It cant be a real one guys.. come on..
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2012 3:00:40 PM

I can't speak for your situation but in the last 2 video's you have posted I can confirm that it is a real spider....You won't be able to see it when the monitor is turned off as there is no light source...

A quick test to prove this would be to plug your monitor into another computer or to even look in your BIOS and see if it still appears
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2012 5:00:27 PM

arnoldlouie said:

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does.
Can he swing from a web?
No, he can't, he's a pig,
Look out, he is a Spider-Pig!


well, if norah jones or sabrina sing it, it will be their next hits...:D 

Badabum... tssss..
m
0
l
November 10, 2012 11:40:17 PM

paddys09 said:
I can't speak for your situation but in the last 2 video's you have posted I can confirm that it is a real spider....You won't be able to see it when the monitor is turned off as there is no light source...

A quick test to prove this would be to plug your monitor into another computer or to even look in your BIOS and see if it still appears

I used flashlight after turning off the monitor but could not find it..:( 
m
0
l
!