Unable to configure X-axis for joystick?

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

Unable to configure X-Axis for joystick in Battlefield 2. Is anyone else
having problems configuring the x-axis for flying? I seem to get an error
about it being occupied already.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"The antics begin!" --SimAnt Game
/\___/\
| |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
( )

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I had a problem mapping my microsoft stick. Similar messages as yours i.e
axis already occupied. I used escape to clear all the flying controls and
first mapped the banking axis followed by the pitch forward/backword axis
then the buttons for turn right and left. If I tried to map the buttons to
turn right and left first and then the others I got an error message. Sorry
if a bit garbled but try it. Good luck

Dave