Nokia 9500 - 1 hour time difference

Hi all,
I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.

I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
day light savings time, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Stuart
5 answers Last reply
More about nokia 9500 hour time difference

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:11:25 +0200, "Stuart Ballan"
    <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
    >synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
    >
    >I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
    >with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
    >as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
    >day light savings time, etc.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas?

    Go through the Regional Settings (Start, Settings, Control Panel,
    Regional Settings).

    Times should be mm dd yyyy, not mmddyy, etc.

    Something might look obvious there.

    Evan

    Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?

    -A

    "Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
    > synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
    >
    > I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
    > with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
    > as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
    > day light savings time, etc.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Stuart

    Hi,

    Yes, both show Jerusalem time, as GMT + 2. Both the PC and the 9500 show

    the same clock time. Yet appointments on 9500 are 1 hour behind. If I

    change 9500 to say, London time, then appointments go another 2 hours

    earlier. This is correct as London is 2 hours behind Jerusalem

    Any ideas?

    Thanks for your help

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:22:30 +0200, Stuart Ballan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Yes, both show Jerusalem time, as GMT + 2. Both the PC and the 9500 show
    >
    > the same clock time. Yet appointments on 9500 are 1 hour behind. If I
    >
    > change 9500 to say, London time, then appointments go another 2 hours
    >
    > earlier. This is correct as London is 2 hours behind Jerusalem
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > "Alle" <nyyssiposti@R-E-M-O-V-E.koti.luukku.com> wrote in message
    >> Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?
    >>
    >> -A
    >>
    >> "Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
    >>> synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
    >>>
    >>> I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
    >>> with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are
    >>> shown as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious
    >>> settings of day light savings time, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Stuart

    I *think* this was a known issue with the Nokia PC-Suite and Outlook.

    The current version is 6.41 and I think when I upgraded I read something
    about this. I didn't take a lot of notice, I'm afraid, as I don't use
    Outlook

    But it may be worth your while upgrading if you haven't already.

    --
    Regards
    Barry

    What about daylight saving settings? Same in both?

    > Hi,
    >
    > Yes, both show Jerusalem time, as GMT + 2. Both the PC and the 9500 show
    >
    > the same clock time. Yet appointments on 9500 are 1 hour behind. If I
    >
    > change 9500 to say, London time, then appointments go another 2 hours
    >
    > earlier. This is correct as London is 2 hours behind Jerusalem
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > "Alle" <nyyssiposti@R-E-M-O-V-E.koti.luukku.com> wrote in message
    >> Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?
    >>
    >> -A
    >>
    >> "Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very
    >>> well, synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
    >>>
    >>> I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the
    >>> phone with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone
    >>> are shown as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious
    >>> settings of day light savings time, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Stuart

Nokia Phones Outlook