  • Phones
  • Outlook
Last response: in Brands
February 9, 2005 1:11:25 PM

Hi all,
I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.

I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
day light savings time, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Stuart

More about : nokia 9500 hour time difference

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 1:11:26 PM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:11:25 +0200, "Stuart Ballan"
<stuart@msisrael.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
>synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
>
>I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
>with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
>as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
>day light savings time, etc.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?

Go through the Regional Settings (Start, Settings, Control Panel,
Regional Settings).

Times should be mm dd yyyy, not mmddyy, etc.

Something might look obvious there.

Evan
February 10, 2005 12:38:01 AM

Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?

-A

"Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
> synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
>
> I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
> with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are shown
> as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious settings of
> day light savings time, etc.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart

February 10, 2005 10:22:30 PM

Hi,

Yes, both show Jerusalem time, as GMT + 2. Both the PC and the 9500 show

the same clock time. Yet appointments on 9500 are 1 hour behind. If I

change 9500 to say, London time, then appointments go another 2 hours

earlier. This is correct as London is 2 hours behind Jerusalem

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

"Alle" <nyyssiposti@R-E-M-O-V-E.koti.luukku.com> wrote in message
> Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?
>
> -A
>
> "Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
>> synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
>>
>> I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
>> with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are
>> shown as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious
>> settings of day light savings time, etc.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Stuart

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:02:54 PM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:22:30 +0200, Stuart Ballan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, both show Jerusalem time, as GMT + 2. Both the PC and the 9500 show
>
> the same clock time. Yet appointments on 9500 are 1 hour behind. If I
>
> change 9500 to say, London time, then appointments go another 2 hours
>
> earlier. This is correct as London is 2 hours behind Jerusalem
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "Alle" <nyyssiposti@R-E-M-O-V-E.koti.luukku.com> wrote in message
>> Have you selected the same hometown (in Clock app) that your PC has?
>>
>> -A
>>
>> "Stuart Ballan" <stuart@msisrael.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>> I purchased a Nokia 9500 earlier this week and the phone works very well,
>>> synchronizing to Outlook, video, music, etc, etc.
>>>
>>> I have one problem that I can't figure out. When I synchronize the phone
>>> with Outlook, the times of meetings in the calendar on the phone are
>>> shown as 1 hour earlier than in Outlook. I've tried all the obvious
>>> settings of day light savings time, etc.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Stuart

I *think* this was a known issue with the Nokia PC-Suite and Outlook.

The current version is 6.41 and I think when I upgraded I read something
about this. I didn't take a lot of notice, I'm afraid, as I don't use
Outlook

But it may be worth your while upgrading if you haven't already.

--
Regards
Barry

What about daylight saving settings? Same in both?

!